Path To Glory

Full Version: Battle royale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone looked at this mission/mod? Looks good from a couple of videos I've seen

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Watched a few people play it and it looks hilarious, I'd be up for trying it out sometime
Gonna grab ArmA 3 when it goes back on sale but fear it will rape my 3 screens on my system Sad
Oh it will chef... mine struggles. Up for a game tonight?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Damn Sad
Yeah im up for it.
(05-07-2014, 02:34 PM)Chef_uk Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna grab ArmA 3 when it goes back on sale but fear it will rape my 3 screens on my system Sad

Performance will be worse for you as an AMD user because the PhysX calculations will all be done on the CPU rather than the GPU.

Keep your object draw distance down to 1.5-3km and object detail down to standard/low and it should be fine, if you're using a reasonably powerful system. Also you'll need to adjust your FoV as the default is too wide on a single monitor, IMO, and will look like a fisheye lens on three.
Will play tomorrow
I've seen a few vids of this. Looks fun

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
It is good fun, I've played a few rounds. Managed to come in the last five each time too - possibly because I just run away right at the start Big Grin
(05-07-2014, 04:34 PM)h00f3d Wrote: [ -> ]Also you'll need to adjust your FoV as the default is too wide on a single monitor, IMO, and will look like a fisheye lens on three.
[Image: wOGTleq.jpg]
what the balls is that
Person with the name fisheye signs up just to post something about fields of view and the way images look through a fisheye type lens... Bot? Random weirdo? Who knows.
I think someone was making a point ;D
I think someone needs to learn how to resize a fucking image
He's right tho lol
Thanks, random stranger
Fisheye, read what I wrote:

(05-07-2014, 04:34 PM)h00f3d Wrote: [ -> ]and will look like a fisheye lens on three.

I didn't say it is fisheye distortion I said it looks like it, as in superficially.

Yes, I understand it's a matter of different projections (I happen to use isometric projections on a semi-regular basis) and in the case of Arma the distortion isn't barrel distortion, as you would find with a fisheye projection, but I thought I would use a word that most people are familiar with. I apologise for not showing the proper pedantic attention to your pet issue.

But my point still stands: with the default projection in Arma 3, you can reduce distortion at the edge of the screen/outer screens by reducing your vertical FoV:

[Image: arma3_170_fov.jpg]

[Image: arma3_60_fov.jpg]
I actually won a round of Battle Royale today. My first win Big Grin
And the mighty Geordie wins again

.If you guys haven't tried this yet i'd recommend giving it a bash, it's good fun. I think sj, m00se, hoofed and mouse would be real good at it
Used to play it, me and mouse used to do quite well. You'd enjoy king of the hill geordie!
Pages: 1 2