Path To Glory
No Battlefield 1 Server Management - Printable Version

+- Path To Glory (http://clanptg.co.uk)
+-- Forum: GamesMaster (http://clanptg.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Battlefield Series Chat (http://clanptg.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Battlefield 1 (http://clanptg.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=62)
+---- Thread: No Battlefield 1 Server Management (/showthread.php?tid=6916)

Pages: 1 2

No Battlefield 1 Server Management - Chef_uk - 09-13-2016

http://www.anarchygaming.uk/Forum/battlefield-5/bf1-server-rentals/

That is the bad news we knew was going to come with BF1. No Battlefield game has come out without one piece of shit news and I suspect that this is that piece for BF1. Rather annoying.

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - k3rMz - 09-13-2016

If thats the case alot of communities will suffer , lets hope they decide to change this

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - k3rMz - 09-13-2016

THE CUSTOM SERVER PROBLEM - Battlefield 1

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - Skalle - 09-14-2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/52db66/bf1important_no_rcon_or_traditional_server/

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - DarkDancer - 09-16-2016

bad news

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - Chef_uk - 09-16-2016

Until we get confirmation, I'm holding off with my order of the game. If it does transpire that we can't kick, ban, edit tickets and maplists as a minimum, then I won't be buying the game. Plain and simple. Official servers existed just fine for players who wanted vanilla play.

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - k3rMz - 09-16-2016

(09-16-2016, 11:29 AM)Chef_uk Wrote: Until we get confirmation, I'm holding off with my order of the game. If it does transpire that we can't kick, ban, edit tickets and maplists as a minimum, then I won't be buying the game. Plain and simple. Official servers existed just fine for players who wanted vanilla play.

The fact that dice are remaining quiet is a little worrying as they have not confirmed or denied it, you cannot judge pc play on how console are doing , From what ive been reading there are A LOT of communities kicking off about this as a possibility

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - Chef_uk - 09-16-2016

Yep, this is 2142 all over again.

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - SJTG1993 - 09-18-2016

I was considering buying the game more and more the more I thought about how it's essentially just players, guns and aim with none of the bullshit stinger spam and the goddamn  fucking ucavs. 

This has turned me the other way. I sincerely hope that this is not the case, however with devs recently starting to bend to the wishes of the less intelligent and reasonable fans of their games, I suspect this might be a step they're taking to reduce the amount of complaints about poorly moderated servers. On the other hand, this will likely totally kill off the communities that are very rare and actually care about the player experience people have in their servers. 

Fuck this shit.

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - Skalle - 09-19-2016

Still going to get the game .. it's a good game .. we can still get a sever but what is the cost of it now that it is in the hands of dice,. If we can kill kick and ban from the server it's fine we don't need all the rules .

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - Chef_uk - 10-07-2016

Quote:“At this point in time we are not allowed to offer any BF1 servers to the general public," says the transcript. "I would not rule it out in the future. But there is also that EA/Dice may host the servers themselves or that EA/Dice may resell them to the public themselves.
"Because the launch is so close and they continue to be very vague - there has been no confirmation about what we can do. Honestly, I am as confused as our customers.”
I3D say that they were previously allowed to tell Battlefield 4 players that they would migrate their Battlefield 3 servers across a month ahead of time, and they also took orders for new ones a month ahead of time for that sequel. At this point, though, there are no options available for those looking to carry a server across to the WW1 shooter. 
"We have no word from EA/Dice on this at the moment," says I3D. "It would benefit us as well to rent servers to the general public. But EA/Dice is in the driver’s seat.”

http://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefield-1/rent-battlefield-1-server

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - SJTG1993 - 10-07-2016

Looking more and more bleak every day.

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - DarkDancer - 10-14-2016

any changes?

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - SJTG1993 - 10-14-2016

Nope, we're not currently happy purchasing a server that we're not sure we can control, so unless we receive some official confirmation, we won't be getting one for launch at this rate. 

Unfortunate really, but looking at how EA has handled server restrictions, it's not surprising.

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - k3rMz - 10-21-2016

here is some info that is been posted on the BF forums in regards to Server Rentals, sorry its a bit delays been working nights last few days.

Quote:Hello Battlefield Community,

We’d like to share a bit more information about the Rental Server program, coming this November.
As you know, Rental Servers for PS4 and Xbox One have gone through EA. Now with PC Rental Servers also going through EA, there’s quite a lot of questions. Let’s answer some now:

How much will it cost?

PC
1 day: $2.99
7 days: $11.99
30 days: $42.99
90 days: $99.99
180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE

1 day: $1.99
7 days: $7.99
30 days: $26.99
90 days: $64.99
180 days: $99.99

When will the Rental Server Program Launch?
We’re excited to bring RSP to Battlefield 1 this November.

What types of features can I expect?
The biggest question, of course. We will update this thread tomorrow with some of the features you will have in the RSP.

Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

Thank you for your continued patience and stay tuned for more information regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program.

The Teams at EA/DICE

Quote:UPDATE 1:

What types of features can I expect?
Among many other settings, players renting servers will be able to adjust:
ticket count
bullet damage
modes
weapons
maps

More info to come!

Those prices are not bad however it doesn't state how many slots there is , if its a full instances of a server then as long as they incorporate the kick/ban feature then i don't see any issues with getting a server.

Lets hope more info comes thick and fast and allows us to get on with things once we have it all.

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - Chef_uk - 10-21-2016

They'll not role out kick/ban until they see a drop in server rentals or if the initial number of rentals is not at their baseline figure. It's at times like this that I welcome hackers into the game so they can ruin it as much as possible and force people to cancel their servers which in turn will scare the shit out of EA and release the feature. Communities work their arses off to ensure a fair system is in place to deal with bad players. Many hours of our time outside of the game has been spent working to ensure we did a good job. None of us were paid to carry out this role, we did it for the players.

Once we get that access, I'll buy the game. EA should not be allowed to dictate how to run a server. In the history of server management, an official server has never been near the top 10 on Gametracker. That tells you all you need to know about who are better at running servers.

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - SJTG1993 - 10-21-2016

What I want to know is:

Will there be any options to run external tools on the server?

Will there be anything we can do to offer VIP's an incentive to actually donate again?

Will there be any form of ingame moderation so we don't have to expect everyone to constantly be tabbing out?

(10-21-2016, 12:11 PM)SJTG1993 Wrote: What I want to know is:

Will there be any options to run external tools on the server?

If your wanting procon / rcon then no, atm they have no plans over at either to do anything for the game

Will there be anything we can do to offer VIP's an incentive to actually donate again?

There is inbuilt lists, however in the past they never really worked hence the need for external tools.

Will there be any form of ingame moderation so we don't have to expect everyone to constantly be tabbing out?

Not sure on this atm 

Plans to role out server rentals is in november, so until then we are still pretty much in the dark as to exactly what is / will be available

RE: No Battlefield 1 Server Management - k3rMz - 10-31-2016

Quote:Update 2:

Additional features you can enable/disable in rented servers:

• Kill Cam
• Minimap
• Friendly Fire
• 3D Spotting
• Fog

More to come!

-Braddock512-