ArmA 3 released
Views 4095
Replies 12
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ArmA 3 is out of beta and has been released. It's great fun but it'd be even more fun to play alongside more members of PTG.

It's £40 and only available through Steam. If you want something that leans towards realism, has a mission editor, lots of mods etc. you won't find anything more rewarding.

If you do get a copy add me to your friends list (username: hoofed).

Thanks given by:
Had it since alpha, not played it since then and i've been waiting for my third monitor to do so Big Grin

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
Is it going to be available in the box, or steam only?

Thanks given by:
yay arma 3 released! it's gonna be fun, just downloading!

[Image: PTG_mousejr.png]
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 06:38 PM)SJTG1993 Wrote: Had it since alpha, not played it since then and i've been waiting for my third monitor to do so Big Grin

Can't help but think you're missing out. Wasteland is a lot of fun as is Escape from Altis (10 player co-op) and user-made missions like Friday Night Redneck Salt Lake Massacre.

(09-12-2013, 09:46 PM)Wuzzah Wrote: Is it going to be available in the box, or steam only?

Steam only. Apart from Steam keeping everyone's copy updated you also have the Steam Workshop where you can share and subscribe to the latest versions of user-made missions (like Portal 2).

Thanks given by:
(09-13-2013, 03:47 PM)h00f3d Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 09:46 PM)Wuzzah Wrote: Is it going to be available in the box, or steam only?

Steam only. Apart from Steam keeping everyone's copy updated you also have the Steam Workshop where you can share and subscribe to the latest versions of user-made missions (like Portal 2).

Makes no difference to me, as I never buy online, especially on steam. Won't make an exception on this title.

Too bad though, I had my money saved for Arma 3 already. Such disappointment.

Thanks given by:
(09-13-2013, 05:52 PM)Wuzzah Wrote: Makes no difference to me, as I never buy online, especially on steam. Won't make an exception on this title.

Well, that's the future of buying games. Boxed copies are a dying format.

Thanks given by:
As with most software now, Even adobe has gone to digital downloads however you can visit a store to get the key...

m00se l00se ab00t this h00se
[Image: 3999506695.png]
Thanks given by:
I really, REALLY don't like where it is going. I would rather buy some 'exclusive', 'premium', 'collectors' edition IN THE FUCKING BOX rather than buying a digital version.

:(

I hope the GTA V should be available in the box, once it comes out, and the money I saved on Arma 3 I'm going to spend on something else.

UNLESS, there is a DayZ mode for Arma 3 (not interested in DayZ Standalone, either)

Thanks given by:
Think I will download this today when I get home. Not played it since alpha and never reinstalled it after wiping my machine.

[Image: johnboy2582.jpg]
Thanks given by:
GTA5 blueray contains just the single player as its so big. Online is a separate download.

Thanks given by:
I don't understand the aversion to downloading games.

Thanks given by:
You pay the same price for something you don't 'physically' have. You can't just grab a disc and install the game, noooo you need to download it first. What if something happens. Let's say, you have no access to the internet for some time, but you want to play Arma 3 single player. Well, guess what, YOU CAN'T. Had that problem with Arma 2, which I actually bought digitally (not on steam).

Call me old fashioned but when I buy something I want to hold it in my hands.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arma 3 Epoch Geordie 47 17,371 12-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Last Post: HooT
  Arma 3 free weekend Geordie 0 933 10-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Geordie
  ARMA III: Breaking Point babbione5 8 3,291 05-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Bomberman
  arma 3 mirkocat 4 1,761 03-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Ettap
  Arma 3 Update and problems! mouse_jr 19 7,112 03-18-2014, 05:04 PM