Window shopping and found this
Views 2433
Replies 4
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-CT480M50...ywords=SSD

Used out reference link to SSDs and found this SSD for £160 for almost 500GB, cheap as fuck and crucial are really quite good, for anyone with money to burn, burn it on this if you haven't got an SSD already.

I plan to buy one with my first paycheck whenever the fuck that arrives.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
I'll buy an SSD when they beat spinning rust in price, performance and reliability. They're not there yet.

Thanks given by:
(05-12-2014, 04:13 PM)SJTG1993 Wrote: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-CT480M50...ywords=SSD

Used out reference link to SSDs and found this SSD for £160 for almost 500GB, cheap as fuck and crucial are really quite good, for anyone with money to burn, burn it on this if you haven't got an SSD already.

I plan to buy one with my first paycheck whenever the fuck that arrives.

(05-13-2014, 02:40 AM)h00f3d Wrote: I'll buy an SSD when they beat spinning rust in price, performance and reliability. They're not there yet.

same price i can get them for with discount.and yes crucial are quite reliable ssd's , i had two 128's in my old pc for almost 3 yrs without any problems. stick them in raid and you got a Beast.

hoof3d you don't know what your missing ,don't be a tight arse and get one TongueTongue 120gb =£50'ish minus discount Big GrinBig Grin you know you want one.
the price of ssd are not going to come down much now and years to come

Thanks given by:
(05-13-2014, 09:14 AM)chilldog Wrote: i had two 128's in my old pc for almost 3 yrs without any problems. stick them in raid and you got a Beast.

How long it's been in your PC is less relevant to how much it was used to write data. SSDs are better than they were but they still fail more often than spinning rust in certain scenarios.

(05-13-2014, 09:14 AM)chilldog Wrote: hoof3d you don't know what your missing

I have used SSDs, since 2010, so I know how well they perform in certain respects. People are wowed by boot times but for the bulk for the activities I use my computers for I've noticed little improvement. For me the biggest improvement came from loading my computers up with more memory (32GB in the Mac Pro, for example, which was far cheaper than buying an SSD).

And space is an issue. 480GB (less when formated) isn't enough. Price per MB does matter when you're buying lots of high capacity drives. My Mac Pro has 4 internal and 3 external drives; the MacBook Pro has one internal and 2 external; and the PC has 2 internal and 1 external. That's 13 drives. It adds up.

You may say well you can use an SSD for your boot drive but I don't need to reboot my Mac very often (once a month for security updates at most) or close programs after they're opened. And the PC gets booted once a day. Spending more money than necessary to save seconds over a day or month is silly.

I'm not saying SSDs aren't good for some people, just that they're not great for everyone yet. It's still a relatively new technology and not all of the kinks have been ironed out.

Thanks given by:
Trust you fuckers to ruin my thread

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shopping for hardware Chef_uk 2 2,644 03-07-2015, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Chef_uk
  found my laptop! Mark091 3 3,405 02-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: mouse_jr