CS:GO
Views 58291
Replies 303
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Is it worth it? I played Sauce for years but is GO any good?

[Image: uT4p.png]
Thanks given by:
Its much better than source in my opinion. no bullshit strafe shooting for the most part. deagle isnt even close as good as in source but you can get used to it. only to play it with friends its worth the moneyz id say. gun game is hilarious, a lot of competition in matchmaking or just dicking around in casual. its awesome Big Grin

not to mention the lack of connection issues at 64 tick compared to bf4. and 128 tick is pure awesomeness. totally worth its money. wait for the summersale itll drop to like 3€

Wololooo
Steam: PTG_St3v3oh
Origin: PTG_St3v3oh
Battlelog:   ^
K70 RGB MX Browns ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19113.0;...5220;image]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
ill wait until the sales start i think Big Grin

Thanks given by:
get ready to be disappointed the lack of basic modern graphics , awkward controls. and the lack of ability to use aim button.

you gain much more from playing small maps on BF4\3

[Image: dimiav.png]

Thanks given by:
While I agree dimiav, the basic graphics are so you can get as high FPS as possible with low power systems, the controls are no way awkward at all compared to something like battlefield which feels like you're running through jam, and the aim thing you get used to, it's just a really old school way of shooting like quake or doom where there is no ADS.

Also, try coordinating a game with people in BF, never happened nor will it ever

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
(06-19-2014, 11:22 AM)SJTG1993 Wrote: While I agree dimiav, the basic graphics are so you can get as high FPS as possible with low power systems, the controls are no way awkward at all compared to something like battlefield which feels like you're running through jam, and the aim thing you get used to, it's just a really old school way of shooting like quake or doom where there is no ADS.

Also, try coordinating a game with people in BF, never happened nor will it ever

well in BF4 they attempt to make it be somewhere between realistic to fun.
so you can jump + shoot, but not jump like you are one of the Super Mario Bros

[Image: dimiav.png]

Thanks given by:
But you walk behind a wall, and get shot by a tree.

Or you shoot someone in the face with a sniper rifle, it's not detected they turn around and shoot you.

And did I mention the virgins that use the same exact vehicle every single game because that's all they know how to do?

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
got it for 8 quid... something to fill the time in

Thanks given by:
you literally had to wait 3 days for the sale to begin to save 5 quid lol

csgo is a competitive fps. also its like 4 years old and everybody should be able to play it. cs is the king of tactical competitive fps. even before I played it I was of that opinion. I find it hard to think of a game that needs a broader range of skillsets. plus the skillgap is insane. in bf.. not as much

Wololooo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
ah well lol not going to cry about a fiver ^^

Thanks given by:
I always get mad when I buy a game for 10 and then 30 minutes after it on sale for 3;_;

Wololooo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
(06-19-2014, 11:25 AM)ptg_dimiav Wrote: well in BF4 they attempt to make it be somewhere between realistic to fun.
so you can jump + shoot, but not jump like you are one of the Super Mario Bros

..And they failed miserably coz it's utter dog shite.

..And you don't need an aim button if you can aim Wink

As for jumping about - IRL I can actually jump again and again without a problem - so CSGO is more realistic in that respect Big Grin

also - Gameplay>Graphics

[Image: graphic.png]
Thanks given by:
As someone who has taken months to get into CS:GO I have to admit it's a damn good game. But if you approach it expecting something like Battlefield or Arma you're going to be disappointed. CS:GO is its own beast. Don't try to tame it: tame yourself. A good example of this is the way the physics work when throwing grenades... your character's velocity is taken into account so if you run sideways and throw the grenade forward it moves forward and sideways. You may think this is obvious but most games (including Battlefield) don't do this.

I like the graphics. Yes you're not going to see cheap water spray effects and lens flare blinding you or fancy knife animations that never work properly but that's a good thing for what CS:GO is doing: highly competitive arcade shooter. If you want authenticity go play Arma; if you want an immersive child-friendly experience then play Battlefield or CoD.

(06-19-2014, 11:25 AM)ptg_dimiav Wrote: well in BF4 they attempt to make it be somewhere between realistic

Fail.

(06-19-2014, 11:25 AM)ptg_dimiav Wrote: to fun.

And fail.

Thanks given by:
thats what i liked about css, the physics..

and obviously no blinding sun Tongue

Thanks given by:
Steep learning curve but stick at it. Everyone goes through that stage.

Thanks given by:
I bought CSGO back when I first saw SJ playing it. about a year ago I would say. I tried it and I couldn't get to the just of it. I went back to BF and I got bored again of it real quick so decided to try again at CS but in my own time to try get the hang of it. I got used to the no aim thing and how everything worked. Then after like 5 hours of play time on it I got invited into a competitive match by Chef and SJ. Prob the worst decision they made but I was still only learning at the game. I still am to be honest. I liked competitive but its a lot more intense than casual. Good fun though. A lot more fun than BF4 even getting hounded at for being stupid at what your doing but hey ho you learn. Controls are really easy compared to BF games. I like it that much I uninstalled BF4. Plus in CS you unlock weapon skins which you can sell. Some only costing £0.03 but some can get you £250 if your lucky enough. You buy shit like that in BF4 not earn it to make money. The skins I have unlocked are worth about 3 times more than what I paid for the game, where as I put £60 in BF4 to get nothing back from them apart from buggy shitty gameplay. Sorry Rant over :/

[Image: johnboy2582.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I got bored watching the game last night so I made a gun skin.

A very simple one but it beat watching England play

[Image: untitled_by_hootles-d7n5o2w.png]

Thanks given by:
Looks very similar to the vulcan but black, but I like it!

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
*checks Vulcan*..

It was more of an exercise in learning how the layout applied to the model.

Several small parts were not that clear.

I see what you mean though.

Next time England play I'll fiddle about with it. Wink

Thanks given by:
its like redline and vulcan had a baby. and damn it looks good Big Grin

Wololooo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯