PLANETSIDE 2 - Thoughts
Views 115336
Replies 508
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gents!

Planetside will be coming along later in the year.

I'd like to get an idea of the following:

- who is interested in this game?
- have they played the previous game?
- any particular faction you want to fight for?
- your thoughts on the game

For those who don't know the game at all or those that want to see some more about it I'll post links to some videos below.

Thanks

[Image: graphic.png]
Thanks given by:
I'm interested and no not played before so no preference I'll just follow suit :-)

m00se l00se ab00t this h00se
[Image: 3999506695.png]
Thanks given by:
What moose said Big Grin

Register for the Beta here:-

>>Clicky Clicky<<

[Image: PTG_Geordie.png]
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
If my pc will run it I'll play it.

Thanks given by:
I'm interested so signed up for the beta Smile

[Image: PTG_PotHead-UK.png]
Thanks given by:
i've signed up for Beta too. Name is 9eordie, Geordie was taken Sad

[Image: PTG_Geordie.png]
Thanks given by:
Mines PTGm00se

Thanks given by:
looks interessting but idk much about it

[Image: PTG_Toast.png]
Thanks given by:
Been looking at it for a while. Was one of those games, along with Arma 2, that I have only been made aware of via the battlelog forums. I'm keeping my eye on it but other than that I've got no idea about planetside or its history.

I'd defo be interested in playing it. Whats the RRP going to be on it, or is it one of those F2P but micropayment games? I hope not.

EDIT: It would appear it does have microtransactions and possibly a monthly fee.

[Image: d6480570c8d18265.png]
Thanks given by:
signed up for beta name is PTGJonny5 looks fun!

Thanks given by:
It's free to play. You can however buy upgrades with real money but also unlock them with in game currency. Seems quite balanced to me

Thanks given by:
My names PotHeadUK

[Image: PTG_PotHead-UK.png]
Thanks given by:
Your station account name can be private. Your station "handle" will be what you will be seen as.

Mine is H0oT - from my pre-PTG days (the dark ages).

Once the game is up and running the Outfit will be the clan name. Should be possible to call ourselves Path2Glory or whatever rather than just the letters PTG - but up to Chef how he wants it looking.

Thanks given by:
I am down. Never heard of the game but always enjoy tryin new stuff. Only concern is will my pc handle it..

Thanks given by:
PC handling apparently shouldn't be an issue. Although it looks amazing. Any pc bought in the last 2-3 yrs should be able to run it without a problem according to the developers -but they always say that don't they.

Once it has been optimised I reckon it should be run on most pc's on medium settings.

We'll see though.

Roll on BETA!!

(06-18-2012, 06:56 PM)m00se Wrote: It's free to play. You can however buy upgrades with real money but also unlock them with in game currency. Seems quite balanced to me

I agree. None of the guns or vehicles are obtainable by purchase only so you can save for any weapon you want.

If you want to pay for faster xp then you can do which I think is fair enough. I will be doing it. When I get the time to of course.

New baby on the way will probably affect my play time but we'll see.

Has anyone had a look at the FACTIONS? and does anyone have any preferences?

Thanks given by:
Seeing as we are a clan rooted in Battlefield I would suggest avoiding the Vanu Sovereignty as they are the most space age in weapons and style with hover tanks and "piew piew" guns and Geordie puts it. Big Grin

That leaves the NC or the TR

NC are based around power and strength. TR around speed and rate of fire.

So for example the NC tank packs a heavier punch and can take more damage, but is slower than the TR equivalent and does fire at as fast a rate.

It is a direct trade off one against the other. With certifications though you can reduce one for the other so if you want a faster rate of fire on an NC tank you can cert for it. But you would lose some of the damage you dish out.

Everything is in effect a trade off one thing for another.

Aside from that, the storyline goes that the TR are like the Empire in Star Wars and the NC similar to the Rebels.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks given by:
Empire all the way!

Thanks given by:
Personally I fought for NC last time around. Having said that I only played for a few months so I didn't have the faction loyalty others have.

Thanks given by:
Maybe we should just let you decide and then follow lol. I wouldn't mind the futuristic weapon ones either tbf. I'm easy as I've never played before. I presume you can change at any time?

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Planetside 2 Gets Construction Update SJTG1993 1 670 04-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Last Post: HooT
  Planetside 2 Moderator Loeffel 3 1,052 05-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Loeffel
  Planetside 2 Dee 8 1,783 03-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Last Post: HooT
  planetside 2 beta keys Frozenballz 20 3,744 11-19-2012, 03:42 PM