Overthinking Changes for PTG #1
Views 5097
Replies 15
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hello,

after nearly 700h gaming on your ptg#1 server i want to discuss some problems and perhaps initiate some changes for a better playing future.

1. stop the teamswitching

this is in my opinion the biggest problem und causes the most of unbalanced teams and rounds.
after a team get the flag "C", nearly 25-45% of the player try to switch to the "winning team" and after getting the flag "B" or "D" again 15-25% switch to the other team.

of course often good player try to switch, to increase their kd and their win/loss ratio. result is a unbalance team which the autobalanced cant correct. in nearly 66% this goes over in rape.

so i want to discuss a stop for teamswitch in generally or, if possible, an algorithmic who allowed only a switch to less taken flag team.

2. get mortar back

i play here before the mortar ban and it was a good "moving" behavoiur on this server. now, its really really really hard to get outside to the next flag, cause you cant do something again good hide campers. rounds stuck and makes people angry.

i hope we get hear a good discussing with an changing for the future

Thanks given by:
Hey panda i think some admins are already trying to fix the team switching thing.

The mortar wont be back any time soon! this isn't just from me but from the PTG council.
9/10 times my UCAV is aimed at campers or snipers! same with JP and 61sniper, as we are on mumble we can clear C to give us some time to move forward!
If more people use there UCAV in the same way or even you get UCAV and use it to your teams advantage.

i was also playing PTG 1 before mortar was banned, outside was mortar spam and inside was XM25 M320 spam= no fun!
at least now i can live more than 30 secs

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the feedback. I've added these points to be discussed at our meeting on sunday and added a link to this thread so that during the meeting everyone can read your comments fully.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
2)The mortar if anything on this server was an annoyance I spent many an hour in recon flying the damned MAV up and down the map scoring very few points so you could RUSH outside Panda .
I remember many many times of you in the chat screaming for MAV's because you could get nowhere outside this is detrimental to the game and play styles so much so I wouldn't spawn in as recon .
Is the ask for a return of the mortar to help the server or your play style on there as the guys who mortar do so by sitting inside hiding away giving you more chance to run as compared to the UCAV guys like myself Swamp01 Sniper61 who UCAV and run and gun outside ??

1) Stopping team switch to winning team is as Swamp01 states above a work in progress .

[Image: JT252.png]
Thanks given by:
I would want the mortar back, but only if its allowed to also be fired from the uncap, that way in base rape those inside have a chance to limit the snipers etc sitting just outside

Thanks given by:
thx to you all for your participation

@JT252

Quote:The mortar if anything on this server was an annoyance I spent many an hour in recon flying the damned MAV up and down the map scoring very few points so you could RUSH outside Panda

and it was so helpfull thx, cause then we were able to get the flag behind the enemy. and then also the "mav" players can scored .

Quote:Is the ask for a return of the mortar to help the server or your play style on there as the guys who mortar do so by sitting inside hiding away giving you more chance to run as compared to the UCAV guys like myself Swamp01 Sniper61 who UCAV and run and gun outside ??

i dont understand all clearly here but:

A) at the moment the rounds are really deadlocked cause the movement outside is without support from mortar really heavy. and that should not be i think. a round should not end after 30 sec, when one team get the flag C. and basically you cant change this situation only with rushing and pushing inside .. its useless. you need to flank outside. thats not my "play style", thats how this map was generate i think.

B) mortar or ucav are simply the same without one difference: the ucav is the "burgeois" weapon and the mortar the "proletarian" weapon: everybody got a mortar but only a few person the ucav. you ban the weapon all players can use but the other weapon is still allowed .. thats no fair ( -> when you want fair and balanced rounds )

C) we change mortar spam for ucav spam .. and against that all players are helpless .. no mav can help and to kill the ucav or the player is not possible, cause we dont get in his near .. cause we get no mortar

3. please discuss the shooting from uncap too, cause when mortar was allowed from uncap a rape situtation NEVER was till end. the team which was rape could end the rape with mortar support. today you escape from flag A or E and get shooted from rock c. a rape situtation end only with nuke or roundend ( sometimes this last 3000 tickets )

[Image: PandaIncLogic.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-31-2014, 07:01 PM)pandainclogic Wrote: C) we change mortar spam for ucav spam .. and against that all players are helpless .. no mav can help and to kill the ucav or the player is not possible, cause we dont get in his near .. cause we get no mortar

In my mind a UCAV now and then is better than a rain of mortar. If the mortar was to be allowed again and at the same time allowed from
uncap, ppl would place mortar in red zone then rush inside and spam their mortar from there until it was destroyed only to immediately go
and place a new one and continue spamming.

I have nothing against mortar if it's used tactically, but sadly that won't happen, I can say it like this "Most players have SPAM engraved to their brain"
even the assaults who are supposed to rush up.

And now to the part about helpless players, well that's not our problem that they are not thinking different, a team that works together, move around and don't sit still wainting for a enemy to pop up will be victorious in the endRolleyes Heart from me

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Thanks given by:
(07-31-2014, 01:20 PM)JT252 Wrote: 2)The mortar if anything on this server was an annoyance I spent many an hour in recon flying the damned MAV up and down the map scoring very few points so you could RUSH outside Panda .

I did the same many times and is not annoying.
Is game play.

The server should be a Real All Weapons allowed.
And plz, dont reply with the poor excuse that mortar is vehicle classifed.

Today one of your clan members said clearly that if Mortar was re-clasified to weapon, even that, mortar will still be banned.
------------------------

Agree with Panda.
Mortar and UCAV should be allowed, even from uncap.
And an algorith to only allow switch to the team who has less players or tickets.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks given by:
The mortar was banned to improve the flow of the game, as it was on our servers in BF3.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
I believe several of our clan members that play a lot in the server AND VIPs would like to see the mortar return. That in itself should be a valid argument for overthinking this IMHO.

If my memory serves me right, there is a plugin around that prevents this from happening and even says it as an admin in chat. It used to work pretty well in BF3. Not sure if it's there now and I don't have any servers in RCON so I can't check.

Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 06:38 AM)mpkossen Wrote: I believe several of our clan members that play a lot in the server AND VIPs would like to see the mortar return. That in itself should be a valid argument for overthinking this IMHO.

If my memory serves me right, there is a plugin around that prevents this from happening and even says it as an admin in chat. It used to work pretty well in BF3. Not sure if it's there now and I don't have any servers in RCON so I can't check.

I would suggest taking a look in the clan chat area at the latest meeting minutes, we voted about the mortar then and not a single person that I can remember voted in favour of it's return. Mortar return isn't happening.

[Image: PTG_Jon170.png]
"Which jet are you gonna take? The one with the wings?" Skalle 26/01/2015
Thanks given by:
Just like to add what i think about this, as i play on there quite alot, both before and after the mortar ban.

I agree with panda, mortar should make a return, and be allowed from the uncap. The players that moan about it, were people that camp with mgs, snipers and so forth..

It has got to the point, where it is nearly impossible to move past c, if the enemy team has c capped, and/or has rushed past to be spawn raping the enemy team.

The server is called all weapons allowed, not just 24/7 op locker with no mortar...

Also, by your members own admittance in other posts about other things to do with bf4 and your members who play on the servers, especially op locker all weapons allowed, your members, and even more so council members do not play bf4 anymore because they dont like it at all.

And the members that do play on it, are the ones that like to camp, and so dont like the mortar for that reason.
Kermz was prob the only member i had seen there regularly, and even he now dosnt play there so much, he now plays on your other op locker server, no ucav,mortar which is where everyone who dosnt like the mortar should play.

Also, the whole spawn rape thing is getting out of control, lately, and as usual, i have been playing pretty late at night, and there are no admins around or available to do a nuke, i dont have the power to do so, and neither do any of the other admins ive seen when i have been playing.
So allowing the mortar from the uncap again would also help in this situation. I never had an issue with the mortar ever, it does catch you out when you are running, but mostly it only catches you out if you sit still, which you shouldnt be doing anyway, the mortar also has a range limit so if you are sniping from just outside your spawn, it shouldnt be a problem for you, and if you are in range, as stated before, two guys with mavs can clear them fairly quick, and you only get it back after you die, not a constant recharge like the ucav.

Hope what i have said will be considered seriously, and not just by those that dont like getting mortared, or cry about not being able to sit and camp ...

Thanks all BudGie

Thanks given by:
i play on both servers budgie but recently i have had my holidays and been busy else were so havent had time to play much on any game so have been splitting my time Smile

allowing the mortars from the uncap will just promote even more bitching as you will have idiots camping inside being untouchable whilst raining down explosive shell's, which is why we voted to keep it off,

Thanks given by:
Hi all, just thought I'd put my 2p in but on the subject of UCAV.

Having a game on Saturday afternoon and the UCAV spawn was ridiculous. There were three player using it with a UCAV coming in every 15 seconds. I had to leave as I was getting nowhere. I think having UCAV on a map with a single track outside just doesn't work, but, you do know about the UCAV swapping when stood next to a commanders supply pallet don't you?
This is what was happening on Saturday, each player was sending in a UCAV as quickly as they could swap classes from the pallet. Spawning at D, running outside I was killed every time before I even got anywhere near C up the hill, and I saw plenty of other getting hammered at the same time.

The big downside to this is it makes players just camp inside even more. Both Panda and I love a big battle outside trying to get the flank but until this exploit is fixed more and more people are going to exploit the bug and more people are just going to sit inside. Especially if a commander is dropping creates down by B or D

Me personally, ban UCAV keep Mortars off. It's the long range weapons which is hurting the snowy path players. It will also give all the players a more level playing field as Panda said earlier, the UCAV is a little exclusive.

Try it for a week on the #1 server Smile

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2014, 11:19 AM)Cell-666 Wrote: Hi all, just thought I'd put my 2p in but on the subject of UCAV.

Having a game on Saturday afternoon and the UCAV spawn was ridiculous. There were three player using it with a UCAV coming in every 15 seconds. I had to leave as I was getting nowhere. I think having UCAV on a map with a single track outside just doesn't work, but, you do know about the UCAV swapping when stood next to a commanders supply pallet don't you?
This is what was happening on Saturday, each player was sending in a UCAV as quickly as they could swap classes from the pallet. Spawning at D, running outside I was killed every time before I even got anywhere near C up the hill, and I saw plenty of other getting hammered at the same time.

The big downside to this is it makes players just camp inside even more. Both Panda and I love a big battle outside trying to get the flank but until this exploit is fixed more and more people are going to exploit the bug and more people are just going to sit inside. Especially if a commander is dropping creates down by B or D

Me personally, ban UCAV keep Mortars off. It's the long range weapons which is hurting the snowy path players. It will also give all the players a more level playing field as Panda said earlier, the UCAV is a little exclusive.

Try it for a week on the #1 server Smile
If this is what you want, then join #2 server Smile no ucav, no mortar and no xm25Rolleyes

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Thanks given by:
But it's dead, probably a lot more people come in #1 because it's either a fav or they just use the previous played server list.

Thanks given by: