Arma 3 Epoch
Views 16900
Replies 47
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
They have put measures in place to counter the hackers. Speak to one of the Epoch guys and they will fill you in with the details mate

[Image: PTG_Geordie.png]
Thanks given by:
last person i asked ( axle ) said they had locked most servers with a password until BI fix the issue related to the hack ability

seems i will have to wait a bit longer to try epoch lol

Thanks given by:
I was playing last night. Get white listed at bmrf.me

m00se l00se ab00t this h00se
[Image: 3999506695.png]
Thanks given by:
cheers moose i signed up now so might try have a play shortly Smile

just need to find a server to play one , any recommendations

Thanks given by:
Once your white listed play on the bmrf.me one lol

Thanks given by:
Nice one m00se. I haven't played in a couple of days due to the servers being locked. I will be on tonight if anyone else is about.

[Image: johnboy2582.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll be on but not too late.

Thanks given by:
Were on the west of the island, had ran south from the spawn

Thanks given by:
Found another server that you need to get whitelisted for and its an official server

http://www.mgtrolls.eu/home/m/12045570/article/2565224

[Image: johnboy2582.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately when it comes to hackers there's no substitute for active admins.

Thanks given by:
Epoch statement.

"Since we are making great strides on the backend development thanks to our newest team member Fank. I feel that we should be ready for a public release of our server files on approximately December 1st. I know there was a thread for those "Trusted Communities" but the demand has been so great that we feel the need to make it public for everyone. Leading up to Dec. 1st, our code developers will all be hard at work adding features and fixing as many bugs as we can. Also, our content developers will be adding more content as it becomes ready.

The version number will likely be 0.2.5 or 0.3 by this time and not the 0.5 as I stated before. Please keep in mind that we are still very much in Alpha and will be for some time. Running a server is not going to be easy or without problems, errors, and plenty of headaches.

After the files are released GSP's may start selling servers and private server hosts can host on there own hardware. I will be getting in touch with each of our current GSP supporters before release to make sure they have had a chance to test and report any bugs so they can be prepared to host when we do release the files.

Everyone that runs a server must acknowledge that you are not to break BI terms of use http://www.bistudio....ent-usage-rulesand that you accept our license: http://creativecommo...s/by-nc-nd/4.0/ Failing to comply with the above terms will result in a Cease and Desist notice and or legal action if necessary."

Are we going to be giving this a go?

Thanks given by:
Sounds like it's going to be a pain in the arse to run and I would also question is there any point? The only [PTG] who play this have decided to camp up with another clan on their teamspeak. If we rent a server out, it will just become a new home for this other clan. [PTG] would benefit very little from it IMHO for example we launch the server and try to fill it up, it then starts to dwindle. How long before you all move back in with the other clan? Far too messy.

Probably best just keeping us out of it altogether so you guys can carry on over there with them. Less mess.

Thanks given by:
They are getting their own server, so no they wouldn't be on ours. Surely it would be worth trialing for a month to see how it goes? After all, it is an ideal opportunity to branch out into another game.

Thanks given by:
Right so therefore you guys have a choice of playing on our empty server or playing on their populated server. Can see how that's going to pan out.

Thanks given by:
I thought we were looking for more games to add to our server base?

What makes you think theirs will be populated and ours empty without trialing it? There is no way of knowing the unknown mate. One thing for sure is that we would miss the opportunity to expand into epoch on its launch if we don't at least give it a go.

Thanks given by:
Missing the point entirely.

Thanks given by:
Aside from everything, the arma servers that stay popular in my experience are the ones that run custom versions of the mods and are constantly being developed. My question is: do we have anyone with experience enough in the area willing to volunteer time to developing the server to increase and maintain its popularity?

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
Its not me that's missing the point Wink

Thanks given by:
I can't see how having a server that would bring our own back to our mumble and give them a place to call home can do any harm tbh, as if they want to play epoch they'll play it regardless. I'd just rather have them play on our mumble and server

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
Its not about us sj mate. As far as i see it PTG will always be our home. Its more about the possibility of adding a string to our bow and growing our member base.

At the end of the day, we either try it or we don't, but as i've said, if we don't then its an opportunity missed. It's as simple as that.

I'm no longer part of the council so all i can do is make my point clear and then leave it up to you guys.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arma 3 free weekend Geordie 0 890 10-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Geordie
  ARMA III: Breaking Point babbione5 8 3,169 05-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Bomberman
  arma 3 mirkocat 4 1,706 03-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Ettap
  Arma 3 Update and problems! mouse_jr 19 6,947 03-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: mouse_jr