Mortar & UCAV into UNCAP
Views 1895
Replies 5
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ten minutes ago, other than the standard base rape on PTG1 (sometimes you win, sometimes you don't), how can it be classified as 'fair' to allow players who can't be shot, can't be ucav'd, and can't be mortar'd to do the same to the uncap. Its impossible to get out.

I would like to see this rule changed. I've no idea why this server in more popular than the non explosives one, but personally, I really do not have the heart to keep trying to make a cap, only to get some ****** mortar me as I leave.

Totally pointless.

Whine over.....

Thanks given by:
(11-06-2014, 03:26 AM)Harlin Wrote: Ten minutes ago, other than the standard base rape on PTG1 (sometimes you win, sometimes you don't), how can it be classified as 'fair' to allow players who can't be shot, can't be ucav'd, and can't be mortar'd to do the same to the uncap. Its impossible to get out.

unfortunately at times their will be no admins on-line as we need our Beauty Sleep @ this time of morning and when this happens base rape can happen with no control and there is no auto base rape plugin . this is why we allow mortar,suav and use of ucav to be use from the uncap base being base rape. and it is possible to break out

but as you said it is unfair for the base raping side to use ucav,mortar into the uncap
while being base rape. may be we have to look into this a bit more

Thanks given by:
unfortunately this would be impossible to admin , even an admin on the server and especially as the kill cam doesn't report the kills correctly.

You'd have to sit and watch the console feed for the kills and that's not as easy as it sounds, as the console shows everything happening all at once.

We have tried no mortar before and it just spured everyone to use a ucav, This is an 'all weapon server' and we would struggle to keep it that way if we start to restrict weapons, same goes for putting rules in place like not allowing ucav / mortar during baserape situations.

One way to solve it would be get everyone who doesn't like it to play on our other server at the same time , this would populate the server and get more people playing, I would happily put it back to op locker no explosives to see whether that would indeed work , however it takes a lot to get the server started and not everyone is happy to sit there seeding until there is x a side.

We do appreciate the feedback and this will be discussed in house but due to the nature of it i doubt that anything constructive would be bought forward to help relieve this issue as its part of the way the game plays with our current server setup.

Thanks given by:
It comes down to common sense if i'm understanding the situation right. You're talking about the team that is being trapped not allowed to use mortar/ucav?

Personally if I was on the server and people were being trapped and the winning team were pummelling them with mortars and ucavs, I wouldn't take any action at all against the losing team for reciprocating.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
No I mean that if you are being pummelled by UCAV/MORTAR and you're at E, you can't respond, as the only exit is outside to E, which was being hammered. I guess in the scheme of things if its allowed that you can spam a base then its 'within the rules' but I ended up leaving the server as I might as well just spawned and toddled off to watch some paint dry.

Just a shame that players are imho lame enough to do this. Where is the sporting chance..... Undecided

Thanks given by:
its the same if you have A, the gound outside is allways in the enemys hands and you cant fire out of the base with mortars,if you go near the big doors at A you die instanly.

after i die 10 times in a row i just leave.

on a side note, alot of servers have the no mortar from the base riule too,if they didnt you would have 25 mortar men hidden in safty getting 75 kils and no deaths, and the match would be crappy for the others. the logic of this rule doent fit locker that good, and may need a tweek..

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mortar and the uncap Tuco 5 1,603 11-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Tuco
  PTG1 No UCAV Trial JT252 11 2,528 08-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Last Post: seymoursknr