Help Seeding Servers
Views 9329
Replies 30
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The last 3 days i have spent 6/8 hours every day trying to kick start server #2 ( been sat on there since 12 o clock today )

Once we manage to get 4+ players then people tend to join it and it stays full, i see every one is playing on #3 half the day so if possible can some of you try jumping on #2 and help get this server started earlier.

If we cannot start getting the rest of these servers started then we will have no choice but to get rid of them, as having them sat empty doesn't justify the cost in having them.

Out of the 5 servers currently only 2 see any foot traffic and thats only once we guys help get them going,  so if you want to continue having our own PTG hardline servers then we all need to help getting them going.

Thanks given by:
as if no one foresee this going to happen money well spent

Thanks given by:
It's always been the same Kermz mate. Members make demands which we cater for but then fail to keep their side of the bargain. You'll find the same members make the effort everytime!

Edit: I think chill just volunteered to help 

[Image: PTG_Geordie.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-24-2015, 11:25 PM)Geordie Wrote: Edit: I think chill just volunteered to help 

hi Geordie nice to see u make an appearance these days, its not aprils fools day already is it  Smile unfortunately geordie i never had any intention of owning HL and  never will have . so i won't be volunteering

Thanks given by:
Would you be able to use Teamviewer to control my system to log in and out of servers as and when required, and then fully shut my pc down when seeding was no longer required? If so then I'm happy to go down that route if we're struggling for members to seed. Not sure on how it would effect bandwidth though to maintain the connection.

[Image: 3031721.png?foreground=%23EEEEEE&backgro...=%23FF0700]
Thanks given by:
i was just going to make a post about this subject.every day i see the same few ptg members trying to seed our servers,and i also see  other ptg members playing on non ptg servers ,am i just a grabbit old grumpy cunt or are we the few getting the piss taken out of us for our efforts.Same with being an admin only the few seem to bother while others just get on with the game,mabey im past all this ffs but its getting on my tits to see how little some do.

Thanks given by:
Nope it's not cause your an old git Jock lol. It's been the same for a while and is probably a downside to the way we have our relaxed policies on what is expected from a member. At the end of the day, we can't advertise ourselves as a group that doesn't ask for commitment but expects everyone to fall into line when needed (even if it is a bit obvious what is required).

up to the Council to solve this one Tongue

Thanks given by:
cheers chef ,  unfortunately i only have 1 pc and 1 copy of the game so can only seed 1 server at a time , 

the thing that is annoying is that if 4 of us got together on one server within 15 minutes it would have a good 10/15 players per side allowing you to then leave and play else were.

if we don't establish these servers soon then tbh whats the point in having them ... we have several people who will play on them but only if its up and running ...   i too see many playing all over rather than trying to arrange a seeding session, only reason im not seeding right now is i'm currently updating my pc which requires a format Sad, however its noted that the current help being given and this will be taken into account when decsions have to be made in regards to servers for other games.

this is something im sure will be discussed by the council and possibly bought forward in the next clan meeting

Thanks given by:
(03-25-2015, 03:15 PM)jockgrilse Wrote: i was just going to make a post about this subject.every day i see the same few ptg members trying to seed our servers,and i also see  other ptg members playing on non ptg servers ,am i just a grabbit old grumpy cunt or are we the few getting the piss taken out of us for our efforts.Same with being an admin only the few seem to bother while others just get on with the game,mabey im past all this ffs but its getting on my tits to see how little some do.

hi jock how is the wee man, we all go old and grumpy at some time  but i got a few years to catch u up Big Grin .and yes i amitt i do play on non bf4 ptg servers as i feel like a change of map's as i feel that ther was far to many changes being done to ptg servers to keep up with,nearly every other day their was changes being done to the servers. and also i put my commitment seeding in before i was an admin and while i was a admin and only to be pissed on by a few above. and am sure a few members feel the same way but thats been and gone . and as for HL i had no intention of owning it as i said in the  pre- post.personally i would start of with only two HL servers to start off by regardless because the 30% discount still remains even if u upgrade or down grade

Thanks given by:
Been seeding #2 today, now on #3 with Jon.

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
Thanks given by:
The 30% discount is on the initial order on the slots we order, not for additional servers or upgrades/downgrades.

If we cancel one and decide we want it back at a later date, we pay full price.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
(03-25-2015, 04:23 PM)k3rMz Wrote: cheers chef ,  unfortunately i only have 1 pc and 1 copy of the game so can only seed 1 server at a time , 

the thing that is annoying is that if 4 of us got together on one server within 15 minutes it would have a good 10/15 players per side allowing you to then leave and play else were.

if we don't establish these servers soon then tbh whats the point in having them ... we have several people who will play on them but only if its up and running ...   i too see many playing all over rather than trying to arrange a seeding session, only reason im not seeding right now is i'm currently updating my pc which requires a format Sad, however its noted that the current help being given and this will be taken into account when decsions have to be made in regards to servers for other games.

this is something im sure will be discussed by the council and possibly bought forward in the next clan meeting

You'd be connecting to the server on my account through my pc over teamviewer Wink It would be like having two accounts to control and seed with.

Thanks given by:
(03-25-2015, 06:01 PM)coverdinfish Wrote: Been seeding #2 today, now on #3 with Jon.

Took us about 15 mins max to go from empty to full on the Hotwire server. I got on as soon as I got home from work and then Fish and Settol joined to help. Tomorrow I am thinking about giving the Heist/Bloodmoney server a go once I finish work.

[Image: PTG_Jon170.png]
"Which jet are you gonna take? The one with the wings?" Skalle 26/01/2015
Thanks given by:
(03-25-2015, 07:08 PM)SJTG1993 Wrote: The 30% discount is on the initial order on the slots we order, not for additional servers or upgrades/downgrades.

If we cancel one and decide we want it back at a later date, we pay full price.

doesn't matter about a discount if the servers are sat empty doing jack shit, #2 and #3 are popular once you get them started , some times #4 will have a run but  thats about it.

Unless we can all start driving traffic to the servers we might as well just save the money instead of throwing it away.

I wont be seeding tomoz as im not in all day but as jon stated above doesnt take long to get each server full

Thanks given by:
(03-25-2015, 08:48 AM)chilldog Wrote:
(03-24-2015, 11:25 PM)Geordie Wrote: Edit: I think chill just volunteered to help 

hi Geordie nice to see u make an appearance these days, its not aprils fools day already is it  Smile unfortunately geordie i never had any intention of owning HL and  never will have . so i won't be volunteering

I'm always around mate, if im not on mumbles im lurking in the shadows.

I was joking about the seeding mate, from previous experience i knew you wouldn't

[Image: PTG_Geordie.png]
Thanks given by:
RconNET shows a few returning players too so it won't take long to get them going. At the end of the day, there are less than 150 UK servers running BFH. A few weeks of seeding and the snowball effect will take over.

Thanks given by:
I will be on around 16:30/16:40 after work for a couple of hours before I go out tonight. Anyone wanting to help seed servers that need it and have some fun while doing so is more than welcome to join 

Thanks given by:
currently 20 on server #3 however i need to go offline for a few hours but i'll be back on to continue seeding / playing 

Thanks given by:
seems once 5+ people get on the server it does start to fill. but it does take a few maps after that to get going.

they see utap on the server and are scared, this is why Confused

[Image: uT4p.png]
Thanks given by:
Hahaha, they just see you and want the chance to kill you... Tongue  But seriously, thanks for helping us earlier, uT4p, having a few regs join us and help does seem to make it fill a bit quicker.

Thanks given by: