24/7 GULF OF OMAN need more admin´s
Views 22958
Replies 62
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
hi guys, u really need to recruit more admin´s to ure servers. Gulf Of Oman are my favo server cus it have 3000tickets, but are getting seriously fed up with all n00b baserapers from the building, guys driving around on base team killing 24/7 and so on and so on, its been like this 3 days in a row now.
i understand some of u might have summer holidays, but pls recruit more admin´s
me and my friends are lose to give up on one of the best servers there is Sad

Thanks given by:
we have a few admins online on gulf now and then also you could use the !report function which notifies any admins who maybe be on PC but not gaming. I'll be there today evening for a few hours. Smile

Or best if you need someone just pop up in our Mumble channel tell us as most of us are online there. we appreciate you taking the time to inform us. Not to mention we are recruiting so if you are willing and interested may I suggest you to apply to join our clan?

Once again thanks for report Smile

[Image: gonzo_sig_final.gif]
Thanks given by:
ohh ok, didn't know that the !report function did any use when admin´s wasn't online, will do it next time.
Thanks for the fast answer Smile

Thanks given by:
Swedish_sniper if you even need to speak to an admin, chances are there's always one on mumble. You can find the details here: http://clanptg.co.uk/Thread-Mumble-Details

Also, as killingspree said the !report function will notify chef via email that there's a problem. Thanks for visiting the forums Smile

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
Sorry guys, but i give up on ure server now, 4th day in a row with 24/7 baserape.
It was fun while it lasted

Thanks given by:
Tbh mate i've been on mumble all day, and i've not seen you on. You don't need a mic you can just type. We can't fix what we don't know.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
I've never understood people complaining about baserape. This has always been part of FPS games and Battlefield in particular.

Have we really got a rule of no base rape??

[Image: graphic.png]
Thanks given by:
Yup and i agree with it as its a non capture-able area.

Swedish Sniper(name rings a bell for some reason), the lack of BF3 admins has been brought up as recently as Sunday night in our Council meetings. We are working on a fix for this as some [PTG] members are concerned about it aswell. Don't give up on us yet, we will have it sorted Smile

[Image: 3031721.png?foreground=%23EEEEEE&backgro...=%23FF0700]
Thanks given by:
Might be cus of a baseraper reported me for shooting out from base, but i were at the rocks at the hotel, and the n00b accused me for using an aimer as well.

Looked at the server today and atm its US 78, RU 2431.
Havent been in the server but i can guess the base on land are getting baseraped again

Thanks given by:
Hi mate as stated above come into mumble http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/f...t/download
V1.2.3
IP: 85.236.100.59
PORT: 25387
USERNAME: (your name)
PSW: (not needed)

You don't need a mic to talk to one of us as you can just type into the chat box. There is an Admin in mumble 99% of the time. We are more in mumble than on the forums and will be able to resolve any issues quicker if you do it this way. We are a friendly bunch so don't be scared. Smile

[Image: johnboy2582.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I always thought you were a stalwart opponent of the no-baseraping from back to our BF2 days Chef. Arguing that if you're not good enough to push out you deserve to get raped.

We didn't have it on City Maps as far as I can remember. Or did we? Little hazy those BF2 years Wink

Anywho. If that's the rule for this server - fair enough. I've noticed it's tough to get out when your main base is the land one. Having said that. 32 people should be able to push at least one flag. It's not like metro where it's too tight to get out. It's a nice big map to be rolling around in.

Thanks given by:
We banned raping uncap bases on some maps back in the BF2 days too Hooty . Wake island for one.

I dont know if you've played on the Oman server mate, but give it a try and you'll see why

[Image: PTG_Geordie.png]
Thanks given by:
Changed with the times mate. Battlefield Vietnam was amazing for doing the circle of death in the Huey over a base.

[Image: 3031721.png?foreground=%23EEEEEE&backgro...=%23FF0700]
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. Ive been on there several times and have seen it is tough to get out. Only takes one person to get out for a sqd to spawn though.

Thanks given by:
How do i delete my account from here?
And why not get rid of the No baserape rule, landbase have "only" been baseraped 5-6 days in a row now

Thanks given by:
I was on last night for a good 3 hours, switching between bases to check for base rapers and base campers. Lets just say I killed a lot of people last night and they will still keep doing it even though they keep killing an admin or an admin standing above them or in front of them and they getting killed for it. The "land base" was the team that was winning all through out the game when I was there.

[Image: johnboy2582.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2012, 02:07 AM)Swedish_sniper Wrote: How do i delete my account from here?
And why not get rid of the No baserape rule, landbase have "only" been baseraped 5-6 days in a row now

lol!!

Thanks given by:
(07-12-2012, 08:01 AM)HooT Wrote: lol!!

that comment helped alot
Confused

Thanks given by:
I love the way people say "why have this rule", "why have that rule" and "wouldn't it be better like this". Do people think we just make rules up as we go along to try and spoil peoples fun? No, these are tried and tested rules designed to make the game a more enjoyable experience for everyone, not just the team on the attack

If we take the no base rape rule away then the team trying to break out of base will have a small to no chance of breaking out and establishing a foothold due to the sheer amount of vehicles on this map! Not to mention people leaving the server and switching sides to the attacking team, people camped into spawn etc.

There are approx 6 lav's and 3-4 tanks on this map. image all those vehicles lined across the map firing into base, killing vehicles and infantry on spawn. The likely hood of one guy getting out of base, his team spawning on him and then capturing a flag/flags is small no none.

Believe me, i know Big Grin

[Image: PTG_Geordie.png]
Thanks given by:
Dont get me wrong, i love the No baserape rule, that and the 3000 (US 3500, RU 3800)ticket made the server to be one of my favourite´s.
BUT, when u get baseraped 24/7, today its the 7 day in a row it gets pretty boring, this time it were the boat who got baseraped and the game have just started US 1671, RU 3478.
Thats why i asked for more admin´s in my first post

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Admin online ak051162 22 7,871 03-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Bomberman
Shocked What happens [PTG] 24/7 GULF OF OMAN ??? maguilaESP 10 3,772 09-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Last Post: PTG_darkholl
  Admin that baserape? Swedish_sniper 10 3,718 08-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Swedish_sniper
  Thanks for your delighted touch on Oman. Gangsta_Solo 5 2,670 08-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Gangsta_Solo
  Gulf of Oman banned??? xXWES10Xx 5 2,426 07-31-2012, 02:03 AM
Last Post: SJTG1993