24/7 GULF OF OMAN need more admin´s
Views 22397
Replies 62
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Im about to understand why there aint so many admin´s on Oman, 97% of my time there are killing baserapers, shooting out of base, bad language, not talking english in the chat.
Can kick same person 3-4 times before he gives up, getting reports for baseraping so i kill that person, then it turns out it was a fake report and so on and so on.........
Not sure if i want to be kill/kick admin anymore cus i dont get any playtime anymore, all the fun is gone......
Gonna think/play little more before i make up my mind about the Admin stuff

Thanks given by:
man! jonny is handing out admin rights lol, but solo, we have a system where we kill first as a warning, believe it or not most people stop breaking rules after being killed, but some hardcore dipshits dont learn and continue so kick stick is lubed for them.

If some naughty boi continues to hamper fair gameplay for others we even ban them as we'd be better off without them.

So bottomline is that the PTG punishment for breaking rules goes this way - kill at first, then kick, then round ban and only in extreme situations ban. even senior most admins have to follow this rule.

[Image: gonzo_sig_final.gif]
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2012, 08:04 PM)[PTG]Jonny*5 Wrote: would you like to be an admin on this server Gansta_solo?

And donate first ? Maybe later, not right now cause i'm still having my own server too, but since population has dropped dramatically the last weeks maybe we will drop the server also, who knows by that time, heck, I'll even sign up to become a member :]

(07-16-2012, 09:11 PM)Killingspree Wrote: man! jonny is handing out admin rights lol, but solo, we have a system where we kill first as a warning, believe it or not most people stop breaking rules after being killed, but some hardcore dipshits dont learn and continue so kick stick is lubed for them.

If some naughty boi continues to hamper fair gameplay for others we even ban them as we'd be better off without them.

So bottomline is that the PTG punishment for breaking rules goes this way - kill at first, then kick, then round ban and only in extreme situations ban. even senior most admins have to follow this rule.

Yes of course, this is the standard 'rule of conduct' on adminning a server, but here it's a bit overhauled to write down all those names and post them on an admin topic in here (which I am sure you keep track of) and look them up if they violated any rule more than once. This list would be huge :]

Thanks given by:
Also if I may leave a sidenote.
There is potential PTG members already applying for membership, I for one would be glad to maybe get accepted and admin not only the Gulf of oman server but the other servers aswell.

[Image: 20j1xzp.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nithol, you should know the process, as a trialee you will be granted VIP rights to servers on donation, and when accepted as a member you will be granted admin rights, again only after donation of Minimum 5 GBP. Although it seems to me we are granting outsiders admin rights as we are under serious lack of admins among members. So I guess if you donate you can also ask for them.

-_-

Thanks given by:
Guess i have taken the admin job way to seriously lol.
its my first time and everyone learn after awhile how things are and what to accept and so on Smile
So far i have always given 2 warning kills and if they continue i have kicked them, sometimes i would have liked to give an roundban because some ppl can be a pain in the .......
But atm i can "only" kill and kick, better then nothing anyway Smile

Thanks given by:
Not all admins have ban rights, regardless whether they're PTG or not. You're lucky to have been offered admin rights mate, maybe now you'll understand how different the game is when you are an admin and when you're a player.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
I agree with SJ and also want to say that I dont think any non clan member will get ban powers. They are given only to admins in our clan ranks. o.O

Thanks given by:
(07-16-2012, 10:33 PM)Killingspree Wrote: Nithol, you should know the process, as a trialee you will be granted VIP rights to servers on donation, and when accepted as a member you will be granted admin rights, again only after donation of Minimum 5 GBP. Although it seems to me we are granting outsiders admin rights as we are under serious lack of admins among members. So I guess if you donate you can also ask for them.

-_-

Kind of my point mate.. Smile

Thanks given by:
could really have used an roundban tonight, i quit playing cus i couldnt be bothered anymore about those 2 n00bs

Thanks given by:
(07-17-2012, 12:54 AM)Swedish_sniper Wrote: could really have used an roundban tonight, i quit playing cus i couldnt be bothered anymore about those 2 n00bs

I was on Oman right now playing with you and I can definitively see where you are coming from mate.
You tried to keep it in order though, props for that, unfortunately to no avail..

Thanks given by:
(07-17-2012, 12:54 AM)Swedish_sniper Wrote: could really have used an roundban tonight, i quit playing cus i couldnt be bothered anymore about those 2 n00bs

Just hop on mumble and tell us? do it and someone there will take action.

Thanks given by:
(07-17-2012, 08:54 AM)Killingspree Wrote: Just hop on mumble and tell us? do it and someone there will take action.

I rather give up my admin privileges, im bored of kicking the same guy time after time, being a joke for them who know what i can and cant do, like last nite, someone called someone nigga.
i kick but him/they came back and were even worse cus they knew i couldnt ban/roundban them.
One guy were begging to get banned cus he knew i cant do that, so i simply quit playing
A tip are to give at least Roundban privilege to the next guy u allow to be admin and not only kill/kick

so, i rather give up my privileges and be a baseraper n00b and have a laugh like the rest

Thanks given by:
(07-17-2012, 10:02 AM)Swedish_sniper Wrote: A tip are to give at least Roundban privilege to the next guy u allow to be admin and not only kill/kick

so, i rather give up my privileges and be a baseraper n00b and have a laugh like the rest

Being an admin is a huge responsibility, sometimes you can't play at all.

However, you will learn to communicate with the players and urge them to not just keep on cussing and discriminating and say "not listening will result in a temp ban for a hour"

Threatening alone will sometimes do the trick, when they say you can't ban me because you do not have the rights simpy say "you are right but I am talking to one that is ready to ban your ass as we speak"

It takes some time to become a respectfull admin, I have been adminning for years now and know the 'drills' so to speak.

On the other hand, not to question authority here, why let people donate to give them admin rights? That is like it's costing money to clean up the clans dirty work.

Adminning a server should go to members who play on a particular server day and night and should include ban rights as well from the start, however, this member should have a high rank in order to be trustworthy of the privileges granted to them.

This is how we done it all these years.

Just my two cents.

Solo

Thanks given by:
Rban and ban are given to an Admin once we have had a change to monitor the admin in question for a while and are sure they won't abuse it. If we didn't do this we could suddenly find ourselves with a lot of empty servers.

As an admin kill/kick should be enough to deal with most situations. IF you come across repeat offenders then post their name/names and a long term admin will apply a ban for you.

I'm checking the logs for racsist remarks as we speak.

[Image: PTG_Geordie.png]
Thanks given by:
As the other guys have already said, get onto mumble. Whether you want to pull out of being an admin or not, 99/100 there's a BF3 admin online who'll help as soon as duty calls.

What we don't know about we can't sort out.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
(07-17-2012, 04:46 PM)SJTG1993 Wrote: As the other guys have already said, get onto mumble. Whether you want to pull out of being an admin or not, 99/100 there's a BF3 admin online who'll help as soon as duty calls.

What we don't know about we can't sort out.

I agree SJ I had trouble the other day and Geordie was on after I called for and Admin in something like 2/3 mins, you just have to pop into mumble Smile

[Image: PTG_Jakorii.png]
Thanks given by:
i dont wanna be forced to install a program that i dont wanna have.
i played around 15 min now, rank 50 and abow were in one team, below 50 were in the other team.
guess what team won
So please remove my admin privileges, i wont be coming back to that server.
Im bored of that server now, extremely unbalanced most of the times.
like Gangsta_solo said, to be an admin u have to pay for it and do ure dirty work, and its ure server.
A regular player on the server shouldnt have to PAY to get some sort of order in the server, its pretty obvious now that u dont give a ...... about Oman server.
Same thing about being a member, ure forced to install a program (mumble) and ure begging for money

the usuall answer we get from u are "if u having problems with some player, get on mumble"
How about YOU are ON the server and DO ure work as a admin of the server instead of .....what ever.
Im dun with it.
Delete my account here as well

Thanks given by:
It's a shame it didn't work out for you, although hopefully now you understand how difficult it is for us admins to keep order on the servers. I hope you understand why we have different levels of admin to avoid abuse. One rouge admin can damage the repulatation of the server for ever, I personally pride myself on the way in which I admin servers.

I'm primarily on the Caspian server though as its my favourate map.

The most annoying thing is the contant complains of hacking, means I have to stop playing, alt-tab, check a guys stats, check ban logs, find out they're fine, return to game.

5 minutes later same thing, different player being accused.

With regards to baseraping if someone isn't able to give me a name I'll personally stop playing, switch teams, wait around till I'm killed or see teamkilling, deal with it by way of kick/ban, switch back to the team I was on and continue playing.

It may seem like alot of effort, but its appreciated by our players to see adminning done in a mature manner by admins who genually care about the playing experience of others.

A huge amount of our work would be cut out with a spectator mode though.

[Image: d6480570c8d18265.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2012, 09:36 PM)Gangsta_Solo Wrote:
(07-16-2012, 08:04 PM)[PTG]Jonny*5 Wrote: would you like to be an admin on this server Gansta_solo?

And donate first ? Maybe later, not right now cause i'm still having my own server too, but since population has dropped dramatically the last weeks maybe we will drop the server also, who knows by that time, heck, I'll even sign up to become a member :]

No worrys mate only asking the question Smile

(07-17-2012, 06:23 PM)Swedish_sniper Wrote: i dont wanna be forced to install a program that i dont wanna have.
i played around 15 min now, rank 50 and abow were in one team, below 50 were in the other team.
guess what team won
So please remove my admin privileges, i wont be coming back to that server.
Im bored of that server now, extremely unbalanced most of the times.
like Gangsta_solo said, to be an admin u have to pay for it and do ure dirty work, and its ure server.
A regular player on the server shouldnt have to PAY to get some sort of order in the server, its pretty obvious now that u dont give a ...... about Oman server.
Same thing about being a member, ure forced to install a program (mumble) and ure begging for money

the usuall answer we get from u are "if u having problems with some player, get on mumble"
How about YOU are ON the server and DO ure work as a admin of the server instead of .....what ever.
Im dun with it.
Delete my account here as well

Thats a shame you feel that way mate, you came here first off complaining about our server so i thought i would open a window for you to experience the admining side, you have done that and still not happy , its not doing our dirty work (cheers for that Gangsta btw) i didn't actually think you would donate but thanks very much for that, its very much appreciated , right next question,, would you like to apply to [PTG] if so then pop a recruitment thread up and one of our recruitment committee will reply to you. thanks again for your generous donation and sorry it hasnt worked out for you on our Ohman server.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Admin online ak051162 22 7,793 03-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Bomberman
Shocked What happens [PTG] 24/7 GULF OF OMAN ??? maguilaESP 10 3,689 09-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Last Post: PTG_darkholl
  Admin that baserape? Swedish_sniper 10 3,620 08-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Swedish_sniper
  Thanks for your delighted touch on Oman. Gangsta_Solo 5 2,606 08-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Gangsta_Solo
  Gulf of Oman banned??? xXWES10Xx 5 2,377 07-31-2012, 02:03 AM
Last Post: SJTG1993