Chat filter etc
Views 5908
Replies 17
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
as we know what its like everyday all day in the chat but just an idea i play daily on nemo no explosives ( germany server ) metro they have a very clean chat 90% time other 10% was about flares, flashbangs and smoke lol because they banned swearing, racist, abuses etc you name it whoever do that could get killed then kicked so they can learn next time it would work out very well, it would be a lot less drama and all sorts

Thanks given by:
we do have a word filter on the server damo , however it currently only has a few words in it, this kills several times then kicks them for those certain words.

i will speak with the rest of the council and see if this is something we would consider and if so put it up for discussion within our next meeting if it requires it.

Thanks given by:
I for my part find it ridiculous and pretty hypocritical to buy an 18+ game, administrate a server for it and then ban words like "fuck", "shit" and other rather mild (in comparison to whats out there) curses or insults. Especially since the player models shout it all the time.

I dont play bf anymore but when i buy an 18+ game with that kind of content i expect people to be mature enough to take a bit of banter and maybe a curse word. These players are supposed to be adults. An adult should be able to take the random "fuck you noob" and deal with it by himself. Extreme cases and racism apart - honestly.. Growing a thicker skin will not only help in games but also in life.

Just my 2ct. As i said i dont play it anymore and dont really care - all my personal opinion.

Wololooo
Steam: PTG_St3v3oh
Origin: PTG_St3v3oh
Battlelog:   ^
K70 RGB MX Browns ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19113.0;...5220;image]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
(05-29-2015, 08:56 PM)St3v3oh Wrote: I for my part find it ridiculous and pretty hypocritical to buy an 18+ game, administrate a server for it and then ban words like "fuck", "shit" and other rather mild (in comparison to whats out there) curses or insults. Especially since the player models shout it all the time.

My feelings on this exactly.

We have a chat filter for filtering out racism, and that's it. There are plenty of words out there that could be considered abusive, but used in a non malicious way and could lead to numerous false positives. Our admins will remove players for excessive and extreme levels of abuse, but it is handled manually as per my previous point.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
I have to agree with both Steve and SJ on this too. I have nothing else to add to what they have said purely because it sums up how I feel on this personally too.

[Image: PTG_Jon170.png]
"Which jet are you gonna take? The one with the wings?" Skalle 26/01/2015
Thanks given by:
I also agree, 

I let the players have some rope, then just remind them to be civil to each other if it gets out of hand. Reminding them that they maybe removed from the server if they carry on.

Admin discretion etc..

[Image: quote_it_is_hard_to_imagine_a_more_stupid_or_mor.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(05-29-2015, 08:56 PM)St3v3oh Wrote: I for my part find it ridiculous and pretty hypocritical to buy an 18+ game, administrate a server for it and then ban words like "fuck", "shit" and other rather mild (in comparison to whats out there) curses or insults. Especially since the player models shout it all the time.

I dont play bf anymore but when i buy an 18+ game with that kind of content i expect people to be mature enough to take a bit of banter and maybe a curse word. These players are supposed to be adults. An adult should be able to take the random "fuck you noob" and deal with it by himself. Extreme cases and racism apart - honestly.. Growing a thicker skin will not only help in games but also in life.

Just my 2ct. As i said i dont play it anymore and dont really care - all my personal opinion.

Absolutely right.

[Image: graphic.png]
Thanks given by:

Absolutely right.

Thanks given by:
double posting again hoot Big Grin 

this was the original stance of the council when we installed the chat filter plugin, im more than happy to allow the admins to decide whether someone is being OTT. Smile

Thanks given by:
I did suggest to Devilish to bring this to the forum after he suggested it. I did say that I wouldn't be against swearing because there's swearing in the campaign etc and its a bit hypocritical but could there even be a limit on the amount you could swear? is that possible from a plugin? in server 1 you see the word fuck every 15 seconds. normally from the kids in the server. i like swearing but its OTT quite alot

Thanks given by:

“The whole principle [of censorship] is wrong; it’s like demanding that grown men live on skim milk because the baby can’t eat steak.”
Thanks given by: k3rMz , St3v3oh
If you can't take people insulting each other online you may want to play a different game...

''Stupid people aren't annoying, they're free entertainment!''
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2015, 07:00 PM)h00f3d Wrote:

Oh my god that is brilliant. Thank you.

Wololooo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
yeah what trib said for example nightshadow ( player ) do that all day everyday ( every death he just swear ) and sometimes random noobs do the same aswell i dont mind swearing i swear aswell but what trib said, that's what i meant in the first place

Thanks given by:
(05-30-2015, 12:49 AM)k3rMz Wrote: double posting again hoot Big Grin 

this was the original stance of the council when we installed the chat filter plugin, im more than happy to allow the admins to decide whether someone is being OTT. Smile

How did that happen?? Anywho..

Thanks given by:
I was on the server for a short while last night and what i noticed was the more you mentioned to the guy that he was being an ass and swearing all the time the more he continued to do it.

maybe ignoring him and not mentioning he's being a twat might help cool it down a bit.

Thanks given by:
(05-31-2015, 02:05 PM)k3rMz Wrote: maybe ignoring him and not mentioning he's being a twat might help cool it down a bit.

Trolls feed off the fucks you give about their behaviour. So please listen to this frogs advice. And help us staring trolls.

Wololooo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
If you give someone enough rope they end up hanging them selves.

nightshadow ended up banning him self for racism so you will no longer need to put up with how many fucks he gives Wink 

Thanks given by: