[IDEA] Expanding the community [Servers]
Views 4530
Replies 14
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I know you all love my posts and here's another one Wink 

So the whole idea is to expand the PTG servers, I believe that expanding the community will give us a greater audience and will allow us to meet new people and bring more ideas into PTG. So for this idea I believe that if we were to have some servers on:

Arma 3: Wasteland or Overpoch 
Arma 2: DayZ Epoch
Arma 2: Wasteland 
Counter Strike GO

I am not entirely sure if we have any of these but I am assuming we do not. I believe that these are common mods/games that people play and i feel with our history and our great servers, we can provide a stable host connection, 24/7 Admin Service, A new experience with new mission files and a growing community. With this said, however these servers would take time and money to run, I believe that I could hopefully write new mission files for the Arma franchise and put it into testing.

I hope you guys bring these ideas forward and we create new servers for people world wide. I believe we have originality and creativity to do this.

Peace <3

SwegginOnPc
Thanks given by:
The issue is seeding the servers. Always has been, always will be. Until there is evidence of members willing to put in many hours of sitting in an empty server then I doubt your idea will take off. One way to tackle that issue is to pro-actively recruit players from those communities first by befriending them on forums first, add to a friendslist and join mumble, then join random servers together. Bring them in to [PTG] a short while afterwards and then look to running a server in said game. That is how you grow the community.

[Image: 3031721.png?foreground=%23EEEEEE&backgro...=%23FF0700]
Thanks given by:
Hardline is testament to chef's comment above, it took a lot to get people to seed our own servers rather than play on others and look at us now 0 servers.   we had a epoch server for 2 months but it was only used by a few guys and never really took off but tbh i think alot of that was due to the closed alpha.

I am constantly being approached by members and regulars on our servers asking if we would provide servers like , metro only , no explosive and many more , the main reason we say no every time is seeding,  ive put 2262 hours into BF4   a huge 75% of that is seeding our servers, its hard to sit on a empty server when all you want to do is play but it is the only way to get them out there.

We cannot force you guys to seed however the funds wont be released unless we know that there is a group of you willing to give up your time to seed.

Thanks given by:
We do have a 10 slot 128 tick CS server that we get for free alongside the BF4 servers, but it's generally only used when the team practice or that time we had a 10 man (was fucking hilarious). 

I think one thing we need to do before we expand our servers is expand our community. The RC are doing a fantastic job as is, but they've just lost a key member in Skalle joining the Term council, so if anyone feels like they want to step up to the RC duties, get an application in.

Honestly, I think we could do with hosting some PTG Community Events nights, the idea being changing our setups for a 6 hour period on an evening (after a 7+day period of advertisement) just to change things up a bit. If that takes off, then we'll know we have a playerbase around to support extra servers and the events that we could run with your custom arma missions.

It's something i've wanted to do for a while, and will be bringing it up at the next meeting.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
I understand, people only want to play, its shocking to know that no one will seed but its gaming all people want to do is play, i have my old pc still and it still has bf4. If its okay with you guys can i seed a server any that you wish as i like to leave my pc all day Smile 

Peace <3

SwegginOnPc
Thanks given by:
When are you planning to do the 10 mans, sj?

Wololooo
Steam: PTG_St3v3oh
Origin: PTG_St3v3oh
Battlelog:   ^
K70 RGB MX Browns ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19113.0;...5220;image]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
Until we get regular interest steveoh, they'll be on the fly 

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
(06-24-2015, 09:32 AM)SJTG1993 Wrote: Until we get regular interest steveoh, they'll be on the fly 
Regular interest for something irregular seems hard to get..

Why not pick up the process again the way we did it before? Weekly/ 2 times a week set a day for it and if enough people are online and want to play we'll do it. At the same time advertising certain days in a week is much easier compared to doing it on the fly.

Just make a recruitcs post saying "Clan PTG looking to host 10 mans" and write the days in the body. That will attract many more people than 'lol add me and we'll do it whenever'

Wololooo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
Sounds good for 10 mans.

I'd be around for them Friday / Saturday night. 

If they are meant to be get togethers for the "Lolz" then it's a perfect time. 

MM is fucking shit anyway.

Then some FACEIT later on once we're warmed up (?)

[Image: graphic.png]
Thanks given by:
Sounds good except for the fact that im almost never available friday/ saturday lol

Wololooo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
isn't that the best part of it? Tongue

''Stupid people aren't annoying, they're free entertainment!''
Thanks given by:
shots firedSmile

[Image: XxFlashbangerxX.png]

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
Thanks given by:
Why not Steveoh? What are you doing on lad's night?

[Image: graphic.png]
Thanks given by:
(06-26-2015, 03:41 PM)HooT Wrote: Why not Steveoh? What are you doing on lad's night?
More like lass' night. Weekends are the only times i can see my gf :/

Wololooo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
I must say weekends will no longer be an option for me after this one, new job requires working late on friday/saturday/sunday every week.

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all !! ok BF1 is good but meh .... Lets bring back the BF4 servers !! platt22 10 4,501 04-27-2017, 05:36 PM
Last Post: k3rMz
  Summer Patch - when are the servers back on? DatEMELGEESKILL 6 2,859 09-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Last Post: jockgrilse
  any idea what time server is up ? sshhabba 3 1,971 09-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Last Post: DatEMELGEESKILL
  CS:GO PTG Community 10-Mans SJTG1993 30 9,500 12-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Last Post: HooT
  servers down jockgrilse 2 2,052 09-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Last Post: jockgrilse