Battlefield 2 revival
Views 1511
Replies 3
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Background: After Gamespy got shut down maybe 6 months ago (completely pulled that timeframe out of my hat :58: ) Battlefield 2 could no longer be played as the whole serverbrowser was based on Gamespy. Someone had the idea to make something similar to Battlelog so Battlefield 2 could be played again as the serverbrowser was actually in a browser (as Battlelog). Dice had previously stated they would not spend time and money on working on such a project. Seems like a few modders and guys from the community actually did it and this is the product:

http://battlelog.co/

I just registered and from what I've seen they have leaderboards and a stat page ready. If you still remember your old account name you can register with that name and later on it will synchronize the old statistics. Its also possible to create a completely new account, but if somebody who had the same name in Battlefront 2 and can prove it was his name comes around you will lose the account.
There is a PM and IM system in place. I just created an account with my old name and got all my stats back (they're terrible as I played mostly offline, only got it ~6 months before BF3 release and maybe 100h) Big Grin.

Not entirely sure how to set up all the game stuff because BF2 isn't installed. I'll let you know once I found how to do it.

Wololooo
Steam: PTG_St3v3oh
Origin: PTG_St3v3oh
Battlelog:   ^
K70 RGB MX Browns ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19113.0;...5220;image]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
I did this a while back but no one else was playing Smile 

Thanks given by:
Must've missed it :/
Seems like I can't play though - game simply wont open

Wololooo
Steam: PTG_St3v3oh
Origin: PTG_St3v3oh
Battlelog:   ^
K70 RGB MX Browns ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19113.0;...5220;image]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
I play a few rounds here n there when im bored playing everything else

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The New Battlefield User Interface is Making Its Way to Battlefield 4 for PC k3rMz 0 686 02-15-2017, 08:02 AM
Last Post: k3rMz
  New Battlefield UI Revealed for Battlefield 4, Hardline, and 1 k3rMz 3 1,603 06-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Last Post: aGA1nstY0U