You wanted a Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Beta? As You Wish.
Views 2278
Replies 9
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ever since we revealed Star Wars Battlefront in April at Star Wars Celebration, you've been asking us if there would be a Beta. Today, we are thrilled to finally be able to answer that question, and the answer is yes!

Coming early October to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and on Origin for PC, the Star Wars Battlefront Beta* is a technical test and will feature Walker Assault on Hoth, a 40-player multiplayer battle featuring Rebels and the Empire. Walker Assault will also give you the chance to play as two of the most iconic characters in the Star Wars universe: Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. The Beta will also feature our Survival Mission on Tatooine, where you and a Rebel friend must fight back waves of Imperial forces.

In addition to those two modes, we are excited to reveal a brand-new mode that will be available in the Beta, Drop Zone. We’ll be sharing more details on Drop Zone in the weeks ahead.

As part of the Star Wars Battlefront Beta we are also happy to reveal the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience. Available during the Beta at www.StarWarsBattlefront.com, the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience features the strategic card game Base Command, and lets you earn in-game Credits that unlock Star Cards, weapons, and more in Star Wars Battlefront. In addition to Base Command, the Companion also lets Rebels and Imperials alike check game stats and progression, customize load-outs and appearance, connect with friends, and get notified when they’re playing Star Wars Battlefront – as well as gather intel on their stats and progression so you can see how you match up! The Star Wars Battlefront Companion will be available on web and in the Apple App Store and Google Play store prior to the release of Star Wars Battlefront on November 17.

We'll have a lot more info regarding the Star Wars Battlefront Beta in the weeks ahead, so be sure to stay tuned to this page, follow us on social, and sign-up for our newsletter to get all the latest news.

Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=39&v=jXU5k4U8x20

[Image: EO01Kpg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
EA and dice announced that there will be no server browser in the full release, so glad i didnt preorder ^_^

Wololooo
Steam: PTG_St3v3oh
Origin: PTG_St3v3oh
Battlelog:   ^
K70 RGB MX Browns ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19113.0;...5220;image]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 01:08 PM)St3v3oh Wrote: EA and dice announced that there will be no server browser in the full release, so glad i didnt preorder ^_^

yeah, matchmaking based off of player skill. We all know how accurate bf4's skill stat was.

[Image: XxFlashbangerxX.png]

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2015, 04:25 PM)AngryArmySoldier Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 01:08 PM)St3v3oh Wrote: EA and dice announced that there will be no server browser in the full release, so glad i didnt preorder ^_^

yeah, matchmaking based off of player skill. We all know how accurate bf4's skill stat was.

Are you sure that's not just console only matchmaking?

Thanks given by:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-0...attlefront

no, looks as if it's for PC alsoSad

[Image: XxFlashbangerxX.png]

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
Thanks given by:
Well that sucks lol

Thanks given by:
EA can suck a big fat fucking cock, I was so looking forward to this coming out, but with no server browser they can kiss my ass, not worth buying....

"Of all the things Ive lost I miss my mind the most"
[Image: DeadlyDesires.png]
Thanks given by:
I can kind of understand what they're trying to do. It's hard not to appreciate how hard that they're working to create a functional title this time round, but there is absolutely no way that having no server browser will benefit the game. It might have a star wars name and lasers, but it's still a battlefield game at it's core, and the battlefield communities will interact very closely with it.

Taking that away from it is a huge risk. Imagine if BF4 had a random, casual skill based MM system, that would try to balance the servers automatically for you. There would be no room for private servers, as people wouldn't know the kind of server they were joining. Cheating would be a bigger problem for that exact reason, as the server owners couldn't keep a closer eye on things.

Not to mention the fact that the current autobalance built into BF4 sucks huge salty donkey balls, all it does is balance based on quantity, not quality of player (admittedly that's exceedingly difficult anyway).

Nah, sticking by my decision on this one. Battlefront/Battlefront 2 gave some amazing memories, and i'll stick to those rather than risking my enjoyment with this game.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
I mean, the basic thought process is partially absolutely logical. At the moment, esport titles rule the market titles that are not competitive are slowly made more and more competitive, taking rpgs and casual games out of the frame, almost every game coming out is somehow about being the best, improving and competing with the best. I'm pretty sure Battlefront would not have been peoples main game to play without some kind of competitiveness.

I consider myself a competitive player and I'm turned down by games that promote luck, give players that dont want or cant put enough time into a game to properly learn it an advantage. One of the reasons I rarely play Battlefield nowadays.

Their approach to include matchmaking based of players rating is a great idea - if they don't forget about the rest.

Despite being competitive, all big esports titles offer gamemodes and ways to literally just play the game, have fun, fuck around, try out stuff or just be stupid. CS has its serverbrowser with modded servers like surf, bhop or zombiemodes. LOL has unranked - not sure what else but thats a start. Dota 2 has a bunch of unranked modes and so on.

The right approach would have been to have a server browser AND matchmaking. Players like freedom, nobody wants to play a game thats serious 24/7. Especially the rather casual orientated crowd Battlefront *should* be targeting want to have fun and play with friends, not worry about their skillrating or rank all the time.

No server browser also means communities cant build up, theres not the possibility to just save a good server and join it over and over to play with the same nice people again.

Tl;dr:
Lack of server browser will probably hurt the game quite a bit. Matchmaking only tries to be too competitive. Especially with better competitive games out there

Wololooo
Steam: PTG_St3v3oh
Origin: PTG_St3v3oh
Battlelog:   ^
K70 RGB MX Browns ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19113.0;...5220;image]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by: h00f3d

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everything we know about the Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim DLC k3rMz 7 2,116 03-25-2016, 07:22 PM
Last Post: HooT
  Star Wars Battlefront gets 8GB patch ahead of Outer Rim launch k3rMz 0 771 03-23-2016, 03:58 AM
Last Post: k3rMz
  What EA are doing with Battlefront SJTG1993 1 935 10-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Mark091
  Pre Load Beta k3rMz 12 3,080 10-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Last Post: HooT
  PC specs for Star Wars: Battlefront k3rMz 1 909 10-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Last Post: St3v3oh