The Almighty SJ Needs TV Assistance
Views 2733
Replies 6
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Alright boys

Just moved house with Lauren, and the TV cables that are installed in the house are cable F-plug connectors, but the TV only takes a coax connection.

Now, I purchased an adapter that screws directly onto the F-plug and connects to the coax cable, but it doesn't seem to be working when the TV scans at all.

Are the two compatible? Do I need some sort of converter box? Do I need to kick the landlord up the arse and have him install a coax terminated aerial?

I know not much at all about tellys, so any help would be appreciated.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
Are you sure that the socket your screwing into isn't to a satellite dish?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

m00se l00se ab00t this h00se
[Image: 3999506695.png]
Thanks given by:
Possible the cables are for Satellite or cable tv. Advice is follow cable that runs from your areal down side of house etc. See where it leads.

Forgot to mention.

Standard coaxial is brown
Virgin uses white
Sky Black

[Image: Katsu971.png]
Thanks given by:
Seems the cables are running to a satellite dish outside the front of the house. Looks like I'm gonna need a freesat box, as there's no standard aerial on the top of the house anywhere.

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
Doesn't necessarily need to be on the roof. Check the attic mate.

[Image: graphic.png]
Thanks given by:
You cant get dave on freesat Smile

[Image: Katsu971.png]
Thanks given by:
I don't watch telly, it's for our lass, and she stays the hell away from dave Smile

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by: