Need help with my PC!
Views 7475
Replies 20
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tried turning it on today, got stuck at this:

[Image: image.jpg]

PC was working fine yesterday, so I'm clueless.

''Stupid people aren't annoying, they're free entertainment!''
Thanks given by:
Check boot devices. All drives being recognized?

Wololooo
Steam: PTG_St3v3oh
Origin: PTG_St3v3oh
Battlelog:   ^
K70 RGB MX Browns ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19113.0;...5220;image]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
Uh.... Where do I do that?

Thanks given by:
what mother board do you have?

[Image: graphic.png]
Thanks given by:
Have you tried to get into the BIOS by pressing either F2 or Delete? Serious question.

If it's happened and nothing within your setup has changed, it might have had a dodgy shutdown or has lost power at some point during the night, can happen sometimes. If you press F2/Delete to enter the bios, it'll say somewhere "Save & Quit" (usually F10), just do that and it *should* be good.

If it's getting stuck, however, you may need to reset the BIOS. But try the above first.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
Ettap, its an Asus, can't remember of the top of my head which one, but it's quite old.

SJ, I tried, gave me no success.

Thanks given by:
Does it just restart and go back to that screen? If so it may be a drive issue like St3v3oh said

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
No I start it and just stays on the screen shown on the picture. But I'll try what St3v3oh said.

Thanks given by:
Sorry for the late reply, was busy with ESL
Go into BIOS and check if your drive - the one you installed windows on is being recognized. If not - power off pc at the psu at the back after shutting it off, disconnect and reconnect all cables leading to the drive. Does it make any sounds when starting? Scratching noise? Or is it an ssd?
If that doesnt help try to connect it to an SATA to USB connector, change your bootorder in the BIOS accordingly (usb device first) and try that. If he STILL doesnt recognize it, connect the drive to a different pc and see if that one can access it. If that doesnt help it might be dead. However as SJ said I'd try resetting your BIOS to factory settings first. There should be a manual online.

Only chance of getting any data back (if you dont have a recent backup which you should have btw ) is putting it in the freezer for like 3h, getting a bunch of cool-packs, reconnecting it to a second pc while cooling it with the cool packs and try to save as much data as possible. Sounds weird but works wonders. Managed to save a raid 0 without backups like that once Big Grin

Wololooo
Steam: PTG_St3v3oh
Origin: PTG_St3v3oh
Battlelog:   ^
K70 RGB MX Browns ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19113.0;...5220;image]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks given by:
Resetting the bios is as simple as removing the battery from the motherboard. Turn off the psu and remove the power cord, pop out the small circular battery, usually in the lower right hand portion of the motherboard somewhere near the sata ports, leave it for about 10 minutes to let the caps drain and the memory to lose power, then put it back in, cord back in, power up and jump into bios. 

Ensure the boot order is correct, (assuming you haven't got a dead drive) and save and quit.

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
Got home late today, so I'll try doing it tomorrow. If what St3v3oh said didn't work.

Thanks given by:
Yeah mare try steveohs suggestion first, will help you troubleshoot faster Smile

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
Yeah mare try steveohs suggestion first, will help you troubleshoot faster Smile

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
Double post Sam Smile

Thanks given by:
Well looks like having everything disconnected for a day works, It got to the login menu Big Grin cheers for the help anyways
Nevermind. It just did it again

Thanks given by:
try flashing the bios, if that doesnt work well we will come to that later

[Image: graphic.png]
Thanks given by:
I'm going to give it to someone who knows a lot more about all of it. He will reset everything and give me a clean PC that should work like it's a new PC.'

Still have got a slight suspicion the mobo is broken. Don't really know why. As I said it's an old one. (2012/2013 or so?

Thanks given by:
Try the bios reset I suggested, it more than likely will help

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
Well the combination with me not being English and not knowing much about computers I would probably break it. And that will probably cost me even more. Thanks for the help though.

Thanks given by:
VERY WEIRD. I can turn it on AFTER I disconnected Power supply cable for a few hours, but it won't turn off normally. And after it did go off, I get that bios thing shown above.

Thanks given by: