My US PC build
Views 3178
Replies 7
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I have been meaning to build a new PC for a while. Moving to the USA kinda slowed down the start. I will update this thread as things progress but the first two parts are expected to be delivered next week. A Corsair HX850i PSU and a Corsair 780T case. 

Next up will be the motherboard, memory and CPU. But pay day will have to come first. I will add pics once bits arrive and asee it gets built too. My keyboard for it came all the way from the UK. A Corsair K70 RGB, as I couldn't be doing with a crappy US layout keyboard.

[Image: PTG_Jon170.png]
"Which jet are you gonna take? The one with the wings?" Skalle 26/01/2015
Thanks given by:
good progress Jon, pluss side in USA pc parts are alot cheaper than across the ocean in here

join k70 club yeeeea

Thanks given by:
Yep. Already seeing a difference in price. Also gotta love US delivery ETA'so. They say Monday... but FedEx said it should arrive tomorrow. In the UK it would arive 2 weeks later with them saying they tried to deliver 3 times before that...

Thanks given by:
You'll be logging into our servers as we all go to sleep Smile

[Image: 3031721.png?foreground=%23EEEEEE&backgro...=%23FF0700]
Thanks given by:
Weekdays yeah. Stick it on there over night to help it fill too. Weekends i will be getting on around 1pm your time hopefully. Gonna see if I can get one of the guys I know here to join our server and if I can convince him, to join the clan too as well. Doing my bit for PTG international relations

Thanks given by: Chef_uk
So I came home to this today...

[Image: PLEgigC.jpg]

[Image: yGpn80L.jpg]

[Image: Rp5InNr.jpg]

SKALLE, YOU CAN STOP MOANING AT ME TO START BUILDING IT NOW... Hopefully a few more bits will arrive in the next week or two though.

Thanks given by:
Haven't updated in a while as I have been busy, but a few weeks back I got these two...

[Image: HaBO71M.jpg]

[Image: Om8iF1E.jpg]

And then today I came home to what I can only describe as a big box full of what felt like Christmas in October... 

[Image: AETzxtz.jpg]

There was also a 2TB WD Black HDD which isn't in the photo that arrived.

So I will be putting everything together over the weekend when I find the time to actually concentrate on it all as we have family coming into town as well. But all the needed parts are here in time for some Battlefield 1.

Thanks given by:
Just a couple of pics from yesterday... 

[Image: ahK4Krr.jpg]

[Image: FnqQUE7.jpg]

Now the fun starts. Going from barely hitting 30fps, sometimes as low as 12fps over the last 6-9months (if not longer) in Battlefield 4 at points to being at 200+ is a nice change, that is for sure. My GPU in my old computer was definitely dying a slow death. Just need install mumble and sort out a new headset now so I can join you guys at the weekends in BF1 or Kermz at night after I get back from work, as he never sleeps anyways!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for a big case for new build. k3rMz 4 2,115 02-28-2017, 03:44 PM
Last Post: k3rMz
  time for new build chilldog 9 4,423 08-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Last Post: St3v3oh
  Finally going to build my own PC! Phyzick 66 23,035 02-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Phyzick
  New Build help Kenny 15 4,589 01-03-2014, 09:22 PM