How Did You Find The Open Beta
Views 2937
Replies 9
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
So now that the beta is over it would be good to get peoples opinions on the game and there experience's during the beta and find out whetehr anyone has had a change or heart to buy or not.

Here is mine. I have already purchased a pre order for early access and will look at getting premium further down the line as it will be a few months before the 1st DLC will be released, this will give me a chance to see how much they fuck the game up from the open beta, especially as i played the closed alpha and noticed they had broke a few things between that and the beta.

I found the map a bit boring in places, overall its a great map, the sand storm effect really does change the dynamic of the map especially for those tryin to fly or snipe across the map.   However I feel the points need moving a little as there all bunched up on one side of the map leaving E all on its own in the middle of no were, this is a bit of a hoof especially if all vehicles / horses are in use.

I played with most the weapons and gadgets and have to admit i found the sniper class best especially trolling with the rifles with no scopes vs those playing with them.  Some of the classes need looking at to better balance them but i felt overall once you had access to all the gadgets each class had lots to offer.

You do get a feeling of Battlefront in some of the animations and movements of the players and there was a few times whilst i was playing my son pointed out it looked like hans from SWBF running sideways and firing his blaster. 

Flying is great once you master how to fly a giant wooden crate, the bomber's although slow can be great if you have a good squad on the guns and a pilot who has a clue, the bombing runs are great once you get the knack of when to fire.

I found the vehicles ok,  however some of the vehicles have a hardline feel when driving them around, My fav vehicle has to be the artillery truck, this has the ability to have either an AA or cannon as well as a machine gun which gives you a good overall vehicle and the fact that if you use the cannon or AA on it you can't move makes you keep ya eyes open especially for people sneaking up with C4 or Mines.

I loved the horses, using the sword to kill people was really fun however they do need to fix it, the sword isn't 8 feet long in your hand so your ability to kill that far away from the horse is a little exaggerated, I also loved the kit you got, the ability to heal and supply yourself ment you could hold an area without having to run off to find more supplies.

I really hope they listen to all the constructive feedback from everyone and not just those whining about not being able to aim without red dots or have sticky C4, if they keep it at the skill level it is  I believe many will adjust to the learning curve pretty quickly and will enjoy the overall gaming experience your ment to be getting from BF1.   

My main gripe  though is if you have played BFHL and SWBF you do get that feeling that alot of it atm feels like those 2 games mashed together, for that reason I scored it 5/10 on my feedback, We'll know in a few months whether the release is a great one or not, although I have pre ordered ( me and the cheap keys Tongue ) im unsure how much time I will put into it based on the other games I have pre ordered.

Thanks given by:
I enjoyed it a lot. More than I expected I agree with you on the vehicles and the points. I played mostly on foot with a bolt action and saw a lot of people who couldn't hit anything without their 40x. I will be sorting my preorder out for it. I just have to fit time in to play with you guys at weekends now as weekdays very few are awake wnow I will be on.

[Image: PTG_Jon170.png]
"Which jet are you gonna take? The one with the wings?" Skalle 26/01/2015
Thanks given by:
Loved it, can't wait. Just need joystick support and I'm good to go.

[Image: 3031721.png?foreground=%23EEEEEE&backgro...=%23FF0700]
Thanks given by:
Great game just hate the snipers to op

[Image: EO01Kpg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2016, 07:40 AM)Skalle Wrote: Great game just hate the snipers to op

lol thats cos your a vehicle whore and when ya not in one you have a giant bullseye over ya head Tongue

Thanks given by:
(09-11-2016, 05:30 PM)k3rMz Wrote:

lol thats cos your a vehicle whore and when ya not in one you have a giant bullseye over ya head Tongue

i did some 20-0 15-0 but for the most I was on foot .. support class is the best .. and I can fly in this game think I have more kills in aircraft in BF4 ..

Thanks given by:
The more I hear about this game, the more I want to play it

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
It is a good game Sam

Thanks given by:
(09-12-2016, 03:49 AM)Skalle Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 05:30 PM)k3rMz Wrote:

i did some 20-0 15-0 but for the most I was on foot .. support class is the best .. and I can fly in this game think I have more kills in aircraft in BF4 ..

You probably had more aircraft kills in the beta than me... lol. 

Sam.. it's gonna be worth it I think. Just hope they don't bow to all the whiners again with too much weapon balancing that actually ruined things like in BF4

[Image: PTG_Jon170.png]
"Which jet are you gonna take? The one with the wings?" Skalle 26/01/2015
Thanks given by:
cool game. snipers overpowered. looking forward Big Grin

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SUPPORT GETS BUFFED + OLD CONQUEST RETURNS! - Battlefield 1 Beta Changes k3rMz 0 938 09-19-2016, 09:00 PM
Last Post: k3rMz
  Battlefield 1 beta resolution scale bug causes performance drops, here’s how to fix i k3rMz 6 2,843 09-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Trib
  BF1 Open Beta Class Progress Glitch k3rMz 0 1,378 08-31-2016, 09:37 PM
  ELITE CLASS LOCATIONS + HOW TO USE THEM! - Battlefield 1 Beta k3rMz 0 1,039 08-29-2016, 11:54 PM
  CONFIRMED BETA WEAPONS & CONTENT! k3rMz 1 1,113 08-22-2016, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Skalle