Amazon Echo - Yay or Nay?
Views 1941
Replies 3
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
  • Plays all your music from Prime Music, Spotify, TuneIn and more using just your voice

• Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio

• Allows hands-free convenience with voice control

• Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even in noisy environments or while playing music

• Answers questions, reads audiobooks, reports news, traffic and weather, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service

• Controls lights, switches, thermostats and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Hive, Netatmo, tado° and others

• Always getting smarter - Alexa updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning, adding new features and skills

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GAGVIE4/ref=fs_dop

Anyone else interested?

[Image: 3031721.png?foreground=%23EEEEEE&backgro...=%23FF0700]
Thanks given by:
Who is this product for? 

I don't know a single person who has an online music library, everything is downloaded somewhere to be put on their phone or a USB drive, not one person I know uses the streaming services for anything other than "ooh I fancy listening to that song".

There are bluetooth speakers out there that sound excellent for a third of the price, I just don't understand this product at all.

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by:
I do lol, I stream Prime music in the car and used it on my Bluetooth speaker on holiday. For the latter, as I was in a shit signal area, I downloaded playlists to my phone but the end result was the same. I also use it in the kitchen when I'm cooking so for me I could find a lot of use for this. I also use Google Now a lot with the kids for when they ask their weird and wonderful questions. Again, I could just send them into the kitchen to ask Alexa the question.

Over time the OS will improve to beyond anything it is right now with connectivity to other items and products. The device can already figure out who is in the room by the cadence of footsteps therefore if you liked to listen to sport talk radio in the room it lives, it will automatically come on as you enter the room. I can have it alert me of any delays on my commute each morning, again after it picking up my footsteps, and I'm sure there are hundreds of other things it can do for me that I don't yet know.

Ordering items can be done by voice and as I use Amazon a heck of a lot to order all sorts of items, I only have to say "Alexa, order cat food" and it would sort it all out as it knows which cat food I buy. This is the early stage of all those sci fi scenes we've seen on film.

I very nearly checked out last night. So tempted lol

[Image: 3031721.png?foreground=%23EEEEEE&backgro...=%23FF0700]
Thanks given by:
£150 is a lot for what a £45 speaker and your phone over bluetooth will do though lol

[Image: 76561198042289061.png]

"I see now the circumstances of ones birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

CYKA BLYAT

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Thanks given by: